Wishlist

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying out the new MT5, and as I read through some of the posts, I see there are

still a lot of items to go!

At the risk of being redundant, here is some of my wishlist for MT5:

1) Allow TIMEZONE setting for LOCAL Time... PLEASE, if you have any compassion for traders... :-)

2) Allow scale FONT to be SIZED... I am getting old and that teeny font is not very legible to me... and I am guessing a few other traders...

3) Cursor Mode STAYS ON if I want. Every time I left-click something and the cursor mode turns back to pointer mode I just want to (and often do!!!) swear out loud. :-)

4) Tick Charts and Seconds Periods (5,10,12,15,20,30 - just like minutes, but SECONDS)

5) Do not auto-update profile unless I want to save a new one.

6) When I click the New Order button, use some defaults that I can set for things like TP and SL, i.e., TP = 50 pips, SL = 25 pips... forcing me to Copy the current values

and THEN adjust them is tedious, error prone, and time consuming, not to mention, the price changes often cause me to have to reset the values while trying to place an order. Argggghhhhh!!

7) Draggable Stop/TP levels ON THE CHART. Please.

8) GAPLESS charts... give me a setting to allow MT5 to fill in the missing bars with O=H=L=C AUTOMATICALLY. Without this many scripts/indicators/experts fail miserably.

9) Templates for Back Tester Mode. I want to have my chart open with a template after the backtesting is complete. Currently, if I apply a template, I lose the details.

I know there are scripts/indicators to handle some of these items, but they are cumbersome and wasteful of CPU time when implemented that way (IMHO).

There are a few other items that I am sure I have forgotten, but if you could do the above, I am sure a LARGE number of user would be much happier!

In addition, thanks for adding new time periodicities, BOTH bid AND Ask lines (Yay!), etc. I know the first order of business is to get the new architecture to be

as similar as MT4 as practical... but these other items have been causing me (and I suppose others) a lot of stress/frustration/confusion/distraction/anger for

a LONG LONG LONG time... please help us get something we can all use a little better.

Spasiba, thanks, gracias, etc.!!!!

-Scott

1. 9) Templates for Back Tester Mode. I want to have my chart open with a template after the backtesting is complete. Currently, if I apply a template, I lose the details.
    Apply the template at the beginning. You can right click -> template while it is generating the tick file.
  2. BOTH bid AND Ask lines (Yay!)
    Already on mql4, tools -> options -> charts

3) Cursor Mode STAYS ON if I want. Every time I left-click something and the cursor mode turns back to pointer mode I just want to (and often do!!!) swear out loud. :-)

Try: Ctrl+F, just a shortcommand for CursorMode

6) When I click the New Order button, use some defaults that I can set for things like TP and SL, i.e., TP = 50 pips, SL = 25 pips... forcing me to Copy the current values

and THEN adjust them is tedious, error prone, and time consuming, not to mention, the price changes often cause me to have to reset the values while trying to place an order. Argggghhhhh!

Write a script or search for download

7) Draggable Stop/TP levels ON THE CHART. Please.

saw an ea that allows you to do this, somewhere in 'Codebase'

Reason: