Uptrend/Downtrend ideas....

Hi all,

I have an EA that is working pretty well except for when it starts to trade against the trend. For example, it will open a buy on a downtrend. Does anyone have any ideas on any indicators or techniques that can determine the trend? My EA trades on the 1 minute time frame. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks,

-Ron

You dont say which pair, but it sounds like you need an <is overbought> or <is oversold> indi

Like CCI or RSI being too extended...?

Check out these indis: SFX_MA_On_CCI, SFX_MA_On_RSI here

that apply a moving average to an oscillator and are very effective in many circumstances

When the oscillator breaks back below its MA, its time to ignore the trend as its 'topping' out

Many strategies that use CCI have a max threshold to detect this, but IMHO, thats just too basic..

FWIW

-BB-

Thanks, but I guess I'm looking for something where if I'm trading on the 1 min it will prevent me from buying if on the, say 30 min chart, it is saying it's on a downtrend. Do you know of anything like that?

R

Well,the trend will reverse first on the M1, the M30 chart will lag too much to stop a late entry on the M1

By all means wait for confirmation on the M30 for an open but for close you will need to look at overbought/oversold on the M1 on M5

-BB-

Reason: