Why bother?

Why bothering making an EA when there are plenty of profitable EA's in the codebase section? I was just wondering

Itachi wrote >>
Why bothering making an EA when there are plenty of profitable EA's in the codebase section? I was just wondering

How do you know they are profitable?

How many of them have you used in your live trading?

Answers:

1. You may have a strategy of your own which you wish to automate.

2. You may wish to have an EA which operates in certain specific ways.

3. You may not trust the reliability of other peoples' code when it comes to trading sizable funds.

CB

Itachi:

You did find a profitable EA in the codebase? Which one?

Actually I tried none of them, but the backtesting results look fine. As we know, like Your_Lucky_EA is free and profitable

> Your_Lucky_EA is free and profitable
Free yes...

But..

Is struggling for many this year as market conditions are very different from last year and more brokers are giving variable (i.e. worse) spreads during quiet times, e.g. Asian session

-BB-

Itachi:
 Actually I tried none of them

You should start trying some of them. Try them under real market conditions, let them run forward.

Itachi:
 but the backtesting results look fine

backtesting results can always be made to look fine with no effort at all.

Itachi:
 As we know, like Your_Lucky_EA is free and profitable

How can "we" know? did you try it?

Last time i read something about this My_Lucky EA the general consensus was that it can't be used profitably.

EAs are like lottery tickets: The default assumption is that they are losers. A profitable EA is the rare exception and its profitability must be proven. Unless it is proven profitable in many tests you can safely assume that it is a loser.

Reason: