Help with EA Download Function

I must be doing something wrong here, I am downloading EA after EA in the user area and I'd say maybe one out of 50 works when I run a backtest. The rest simply do not place trades, I must be doing something wrong, failing to initialize. Can anyone tell me why and what to do to make them operate?

Cauzm:
I must be doing something wrong here, I am downloading EA after EA in the user area and I'd say maybe one out of 50 works when I run a backtest. The rest simply do not place trades, I must be doing something wrong, failing to initialize. Can anyone tell me why and what to do to make them operate?

What messages are appearing in the journal?

CB

cloudbreaker:

What messages are appearing in the journal?

CB

Two error messages

First

2009.11.20 10:47:59 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.5015 at 2009.11.12 00:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.4891 mismatches)

Then

2009.11.20 10:47:59 2009.10.02 00:00 a EURUSD,Daily: OrderSend error 130

This one repeats over and over

Cauzm:

Two error messages

First

2009.11.20 10:47:59 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (high value 1.5015 at 2009.11.12 00:00 is not reached from the least timeframe, high price 1.4891 mismatches)

Then

2009.11.20 10:47:59 2009.10.02 00:00 a EURUSD,Daily: OrderSend error 130

This one repeats over and over

Thanks for having me check the journal, error 130 is a StopLoss error. I widened it and it works. I'm kinda new here, and I've had a similar problem with nearly all EA's I download off the forum. Maybe there is a similar solution for those. now I know to check the Journal at least and look for error logs

Thank you

Unmatched data means that the data for the various time periods stored in the history centre are at odds with each other.

For example, you may have a High in the M1 data which is higher than the High of the corresponding M5 data.

Solution - get some small timeperiod data you trust and regenerate the higher timeperiods using the period-converter script.

CB

Cauzm:

The real answer to your question is each and every one of them will have different reasons why they dont' work.

Those EAs are not meant to work out of the box for every pair, for every broker and under every condition. Not to mention that some of those EAs just don't work - period.

They are however, good as coding examples, and at the very least, how to get the syntax right.

blogzr3:

The real answer to your question is each and every one of them will have different reasons why they dont' work.

Those EAs are not meant to work out of the box for every pair, for every broker and under every condition. Not to mention that some of those EAs just don't work - period.

They are however, good as coding examples, and at the very least, how to get the syntax right.

Great thank you for your replies. Will the period-converter script happen automatically? I've seen a time frame say that it is gathering info from other time frames sometimes. Or do I run something to create that?

Cauzm:

Will the period-converter script happen automatically? Or do I run something to create that?

No. Yes - run the period-converter script.

CB

Reason: