help with coding

Hallo,

please, can enyone help me with my simple EA? I made EA using indicator SnakeBorder, but it don´t work good. I think, I have wrong parametres in iCustom(......), it maybe calculate noncence. I enclose it in appendix. Can anyone please correct my bad EA?

Many thanks.

Vaclav.

email: vaot@seznam.cz

Files:
sb.mq4  7 kb

vaclav wrote >>

Hallo,

please, can enyone help me with my simple EA? I made EA using indicator SnakeBorder, but it don´t work good. I think, I have wrong parametres in iCustom(......), it maybe calculate noncence. I enclose it in appendix. Can anyone please correct my bad EA?

Many thanks.

Vaclav.

email: vaot@seznam.cz

Maybe someone can help if you post also the inicator you use here ...SnakeBorder ;-)

No problem. There is only 1 opportunity for attachement.
Files:

vaclav wrote >>
No problem. There is only 1 opportunity for attachement.

iCustom(NULL,0,"SnakeBorders",MaxPeriod,MinPeriod,MODE_UPPER,0); dont bring the result what you need, i guess.

Look in the help for MODE_UPPER, MODE_LOWER and MODE_MAIN. Is the constant for 1,2 and 0.

You need to reference to the line (buffer) you need from the snakeborder.

Look to the SnakeBorders-Code, there you have 7 buffers, from 0 to 6 and replace in iCustom(...) the MODE_UPPER/LOWER/MAIN with the Number of the buffer you need from the indicator

IndicatorBuffers(7);
SetIndexBuffer(0,TopBorder1);
SetIndexBuffer(1,ind_buffer1);
SetIndexBuffer(2,BottomBorder1);
SetIndexBuffer(3,ind_buffer2);
SetIndexBuffer(4,TopBorder2);
SetIndexBuffer(5,BottomBorder2);
SetIndexBuffer(6,Signal);

that means, that MODE_UPPER is constant 0, MODE_LOWER is 2 and MODE_SIGNAL is 6?

vaclav wrote >>

IndicatorBuffers(7);
SetIndexBuffer(0,TopBorder1);
SetIndexBuffer(1,ind_buffer1);
SetIndexBuffer(2,BottomBorder1);
SetIndexBuffer(3,ind_buffer2);
SetIndexBuffer(4,TopBorder2);
SetIndexBuffer(5,BottomBorder2);
SetIndexBuffer(6,Signal);

that means, that MODE_UPPER is constant 0, MODE_LOWER is 2 and MODE_SIGNAL is 6?

in my opinion is better to use the constant (MODE_UPPER) for the Indicators like bollinger bands, adx, like this are defined in the help.

i prefer to use the direct number of the buffer ... iCustom(NULL,0,"SnakeBorders",MaxPeriod,MinPeriod,6,0); if you refer to the indexbuffer 6 (Signal)

and what does it mean constant 1 - ind_buffer and 3 - ind_buffer? Is it buffer for histogram?

It maybe good, but it open and close orders almost in every tick. How ensure this false? What is your email?
Reason: