iLowest

Hi,

Just to report that I have got a negative result with iLowest, -1 instead of 1, with Period_MN1. (MT4)

I was using the Tester.

Date 2008.04.03. EURUSD. From shift 0 to 1.

Works well with Period_D1, shift 0 to 30.

Regards

Did you manually try to input the values in a script like: Print(iLowest(EURUSD,PERIOD_MN1,MODE_LOW,1,0));

circlesquares:

Did you manually try to input the values in a script like: Print(iLowest(EURUSD,PERIOD_MN1,MODE_LOW,1,0));

The instruction was written that way: iLowest(CURRENCY,PERIOD_MN1,MODE_LOW,1,0);

( string CURRENCY = "EURUSD";)

if you go to the monthly chart let the bars update, then go and try again, does it still return -1? it sounds like metatrader didn't update the bars on that time frame.

circlesquares:
if you go to the monthly chart let the bars update, then go and try again, does it still return -1? it sounds like metatrader didn't update the bars on that time frame.

I tried this: Print("LOW=",iLowest("EURUSD",PERIOD_MN1,MODE_LOW,1,0)); and it still returning -1, wheter the chart displays MN1 period or not.

Try iLowest(Symbol(),...)

If that works print out Symbol(), it's probably EUR/USD, EUR.USD, or EURUSDm

WHRoeder:

Try iLowest(Symbol(),...)

If that works print out Symbol(), it's probably EUR/USD, EUR.USD, or EURUSDm

Thanks a lot but I have no problem with that as I said in my first post. I just wanted to report this to the MetaQuote.

I don't know. It seems as if it only happens to you, so it looks like there's something wrong on your end and not the build. Is this problem only happening in the tester, or have you been trying with a simple test script as well?

Have you tried to extend the search range to see if it makes a difference? so instead of searching 1 bar, search like 3.

I still somehow feel like you're monthly data is not right somehow. can you try the test script out with a new currency? make sure you force a refresh of the monthly data before you run the test script. so right click on the chart itself and hit refresh.

Also, you should have expected 0 as your result with: iLowest(CURRENCY,PERIOD_MN1,MODE_LOW,1,0). if you're only searching 1 bar, and starting from the 0 bar, then that means you will get 0.

Reason: