Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 11

pipalot wrote >>

Bugs / suggestions:

1) BUG: Current W1 candle/bar disappears when new tick arrives, only reappears when you do a refresh (right click chart, then select refresh).

2) DDE server functionality is not present (was present in MT4), please do not abolish this feature.

3) Ability to detach charts, i.e. to move them outside terminal window (helpful for multi-monitor users)

4) Ability to manually set the spread used by strategy tester (in MT4 it uses the prevailing spread at the moment you click start, very annoying if you are running tests outside market hours when spreads widen).

5) Ability in strategy tester to access mulitple symbols (I know this is complex but can't you at least give us that ability for the 'open prices only' model)

6) Ability to create 'spread' charts (useful for futures traders looking at calendar spreads). Example instead of just charting CLX9 (crude oil future Nov 09) I would like to chart based on an algebraic formula such as CLZ9-CLX9 (a calendar spread). A leading charting package for the futures market must have this ability to compete with other futures charting software.

7) Where has the History Centre gone?

8) Tick charts are used by many futures traders that I know, including me (it may be more than just 5% of traders that you suggest). Please make them fully available. Try to provide 500 ticks of history when a chart opens but if you don't have history data for tick charts, then consider allowing the user to open a tick chart and have the history build up as time progresses?

Thanks,

Pipalot

1. We'll check it

2. DDE functionality won't be added

3. Chart detach is impossible

4. Spread value stored in rates structure now

5. It will be. But there is no 'open prices' model.

6. You can do it with custom indicator (there are DRAW_BARS and DRAW_CANDLES style)

7. I don't know exactly

8. No tick charts because too much resources on the server side used

stringo:

1. We'll check it

6. You can do it with custom indicator (there are DRAW_BARS and DRAW_CANDLES style)

7. I don't know exactly

I'm very glad to hear of the improvements that we can look forward to in 4. and 5., thanks. That is a going to be great.

I'm a bit suprised that you have removed DDE. I wonder if there might be a work around whereby people could use an EA to do something similar (the goal being to get data in Excel).

Regards,

Pipalot

Please Mr Stringo....

Reconsider allowing Hedge!!!

Many of us use it successfully and not having it will mean we will either earn less money or look to other platforms.... I do know we can mimic hedge in MT5...but the two initial orders one buy and one sell are necessary!!

Please!!

pipalot wrote >>

I'm very glad to hear of the improvements that we can look forward to in 4. and 5., thanks. That is a going to be great.

I'm a bit suprised that you have removed DDE. I wonder if there might be a work around whereby people could use an EA to do something similar (the goal being to get data in Excel).

Regards,

Pipalot

I have a question will it possible in tester calculate multitime time period data ?(for example: in tester using M10 and can i get Rsi Values of H1 time period)

arfar wrote >>

I have a question will it possible in tester calculate multitime time period data ?(for example: in tester using M10 and can i get Rsi Values of H1 time period)

Yes. It possible

stringo wrote >>

Yes. It possible

Very Happy Thank you for your Fast reply.

stringo:

1. We'll check it

7. I don't know exactly

Hi mister,

I'm really surprise too about some " strong irrevocable" décisions and affirmations from you :

About the DDE... lot off people used them.. ( all FF Forum too..)

About tick chart, range chart, xsecond chart, xminute chart, xday chart, xvolume chart... :

I don't know how all the other plate-form has made that, but what I suggere is to transfer in our computer the need of ressources with intermediary file,

about the " xminute or 7 minutes chart in your eaxample " witch moment to begin and finish ?

- just have to give us the choice : starting to the server day, GMT greenwitch Day, or local day, and so, each 7 minutes' chart would start at this time and the last candle would be different from nearly 23:54.. to 23:59:59 to restart from 0 à 00:00:01 each day.

I'm sure the other Cie has found a sort of reset each day that seems to that.

You said that 5% used Tick Chart... oh oh, you right, you don't see them on MT4, each time I'have talked about MT4 the answer has been : I've tried but no Tick chart, so I have cancelled.

Every Cie propose that now.. I think that you think " to be right against the market !" :))

For the future, for the scalpers and other systems too, I think that you should have to reconsider this tick chart decision ( the same for the DDE, all the guy who works un semi auto... old guy... ouhhh they don't going to like that..)

You don't want to give us back the hedge possibility, again something that you are the only one to do. Why wouldn't you add the option to choice with a graph in its proprieties the possibility to get the old order panel...

I see there is no Doom too... whaouh.. why ? again, all the best others have one .. ( the best way is beeing able to modify SL or TP with simple cursor push without any confirmation, a kind of hand trailing stop loss or target... like in TS)

Just one thing that it is in my mind dangerous, incomprehensible and that have to be changed : I absolutly want that If a trade is engaged, A catastroph STOP lOSS be on the market at the same time, not after.

What about if all connection was interrupted ? ( like me in an island with satellite : no more internet, no more phone, how to cancel my order, how phoning to my broker ?..), or If somebody faint after to have sent his order (падать в обморок)..

What about if an order has just a for a time in another customer account ? when the broker bring back the trade on my account, the result would be for me !) In the Market, all problem is possible and all of them arrive one day as you know..

So, GIVE US POSSIBILITY TO PUT A DEFAUT STOP IN MAIN OPTION FOR WHOM PREFER THAT, and let's you organize that all these stop will run attached with order and that trade without Stop loss wil cancel immediatly for whom would have choose this mean option of course.

Last thing, JUST one RED URGUNT BUTTON for one click closing trade would be great, and in antoher confortable way un undo and redo button for the objects will be greats..

Thanks, and hello from Tahiti,

Daniel

Exp5 - VisualTrade for MT5

The MetaEditor help screen is displaying a mixture of English and Russian on my computer. Windows XP Explorer 8. Please see attached screen dump.

TSWilson wrote >>The MetaEditor help screen is displaying a mixture of English and Russian on my computer. Windows XP Explorer 8. Please see attached screen dump.

Please read here.

'Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started!'

Reason: