Code Base is almost useless

If I Had A Profitable Expert Advisor I Would Never Upload It To CodeBase . Who would???? muahhahahahahaaaaaa

It's not entirely useless. I did get an extra bonus from it very recently: a virus that immediately started prolifically propagating itself through my system like crazy. In spite of this concrete evidence of it being a virus over and above the fact that one of my tried and trued security scanners picked it up, this was the response I got when I notified the savvy person that I picked it up from with their EA:

. . 'You are kidding, right? Im sorry but this is MetaTrader Programming, not a spyware or virus section'

Can't say that 'buyer beware' really applies here, but a word to the wise....

fxt:

If I Had A Profitable Expert Advisor I Would Never Upload It To CodeBase . Who would???? muahhahahahahaaaaaa

new thread just to say that?

everybody has a plan why should upload his code into this forum.

I think you've got the wrong idea about the primary purpose of this forum fxt.

And I think a lot of you have.

Most of the EAs I write commercially are about 15% signal generation, 15% money management and 70% operational in terms of their code breakdown.

A codebase will be very useful to promote development and reuse of modular components which have little or nothing to do with any intellectual property or trading strategy.

This forum is about helping folks who have a trading strategy, to learn to automate it.

Its not for folks who can't think for themselves to come along and find bucketloads of plug and play money makers.

Get the blinkers off!

CB

Yeah i know you are right. but i have not .net framework 3.6 now how can i use codebase?????./ how?,;D

What is the relevance of your comment about the .net framework?

Its perfectly possible to plumb together EAs by using, modifying and augmenting code snippets found in the forum without ever needing to step outside the MQL framework.

CB

Reason: