Programmer wanted

Hi I am interested in putting some of my trading ideas into a EA. They are only based on price action no moving averages or indicators involved.

Would like options to only trade 07.00 to 20.00 London time a funtion to only enter long or only enter short positions (in a trending market) or both in

a trading range. I would like to set that up and make that choice manually at the begining of the day.

I have some basic knowledge of computing and computer languanges

but would not have the time or inclination to write my own code. I would happily work with a programmer paying commercial rates

if one were out there willing to work with me preferrably UK based and even better if in south east England. I live in East Sussex.

Mellstock:

Hi I am interested in putting some of my trading ideas into a EA. They are only based on price action no moving averages or indicators involved.

Would like options to only trade 07.00 to 20.00 London time a funtion to only enter long or only enter short positions (in a trending market) or both in

a trading range. I would like to set that up and make that choice manually at the begining of the day.

I have some basic knowledge of computing and computer languanges

but would not have the time or inclination to write my own code. I would happily work with a programmer paying commercial rates

if one were out there willing to work with me preferrably UK based and even better if in south east England. I live in East Sussex.

I do MQL software developing professionally. Please PM or email me if you're interested. My details are in the profile.

Mellstock:

If they are not based on indicators, it may be tricky to translate your trading "ideas" into code. A human "knows" what "price actions" they are looking at, but putting these ideas into an EA may not be so simple.

blogzr3:
If they are not based on indicators, it may be tricky to translate your trading "ideas" into code. A human "knows" what "price actions" they are looking at, but putting these ideas into an EA may not be so simple.

What are the indicators after all? Software created by programmers who 'translate' price action visualising '"ideas" into code'.

Actually that translation from human impression to machine interpretation is exactly my idea of professional software development.

Visit at: GetYourEA.com

Irtron:

What are the indicators after all? Software created by programmers who 'translate' price action visualising '"ideas" into code'.

Actually that translation from human impression to machine interpretation is exactly my idea of professional software development.

If there indicators available to do what he wants, why isnt' he using them, when he obviously knows about indicators? Perhaps they don't do what he wants? Or maybe simply he hasn't found them.

Some of the visual/manual trading "rules" cannot be translated into code easily. For eg, find two people who agree exactly what a "head and shoulders" should look like. The problem isn't translating impression into code -- it is defining precisely what the "impression" is supposed to be.

blogzr3:

Grid trading systems have a special flavour, especially for their apparently lack of indicator needs. I would say that indicators used with grid systems, are really INDICATING, and bad signals don't necesarilly produce losses and whipsaws suddenly.

But grid systems will be affected on MT5.

The worst part is closing ex trades. In MT4 you could have adjusted position by closing some trades, but in MT5 there is no closing of taken trades, to mimic the same thing you would need to launch new trades, [meaning new spreads payed also] so you have to rethink the grid system. The advantage of MT5 is that grids are operated easily on launching trades, since you don't have to check it all the time, rather implement checking and launching on trade events... Both advantages and disadvantages. MT4 is however too clumsy to handle grid systems well. Lack of events for a rigid control method, and MODE_STOPLEVEL affecting pending trades, also backtester faults when dealing with gaps, these were killers of grid systems on MT4.

Reason: