debugger

I do not understand how the debugger works.  I am using the 'comment' command to display variable values in the top left corner of strategy tester, but sometimes I cannot tell what section of my code is changing those variables.  I have tried using the debugger but I do not know how to advance the code to a certain point in time.  I would think there would be a way to do that like you can by clicking the 'skip to' button on strategy tester

jshumaker:
I do not understand how the debugger works.  I am using the 'comment' command to display variable values in the top left corner of strategy tester, but sometimes I cannot tell what section of my code is changing those variables.  I have tried using the debugger but I do not know how to advance the code to a certain point in time.  I would think there would be a way to do that like you can by clicking the 'skip to' button on strategy tester
This article would help.

angevoyageur:
This article would help.

I was testing historical data when I found my bug.  I added the following line of code so that I could create a breakpoint at the time of the candle where I noticed the bug.  I also added a watch on the variable I wanted to observe.  When the break point was hit, the time was today 2013.05.07.  How do I use the debugger so that I can review my variables at the specific candle that is causing me issues.

if (TimeCurrent() > "2001.02.01 22:00")
{  printf ("break"); }

jshumaker:

I was testing historical data when I found my bug.  I added the following line of code so that I could create a breakpoint at the time of the candle where I noticed the bug.  I also added a watch on the variable I wanted to observe.  When the break point was hit, the time was today 2013.05.07.  How do I use the debugger so that I can review my variables at the specific candle that is causing me issues.

The debugger doesn't work with Strategy Tester. Maybe later. You can ask directly to Metaquotes (write to ServiceDesk).
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
The debugger doesn't work with Strategy Tester. Maybe later. You can ask directly to Metaquotes (write to ServiceDesk).
Servicedesk answers: "Maybe later". It is not so easy to implement this functionality right now
Reason: