Pending Orders and Strategy

All,

Iask myself what are the main strategies using the Pending order, it s not clear in my mind :

• Hedging purpose
  • Change of regime : if the market left a range, the pending order will be trigger

My point of view is not clear regarding the use of the pending order because all curent trade are optimised in a real time, What s the advantage to use pending ?

Do you have exemple of use of the pending order ?

Thanks to help me on this high level question !

UkAlgo

ukalgo:

All,

Iask myself what are the main strategies using the Pending order, it s not clear in my mind :

• Hedging purpose
  • Change of regime : if the market left a range, the pending order will be trigger

My point of view is not clear regarding the use of the pending order because all curent trade are optimised in a real time, What s the advantage to use pending ?

Do you have exemple of use of the pending order ?

Thanks to help me on this high level question !

UkAlgo

Current price is 1.4500.

1. You think the price will go upwards to 1.4600 and then will turn back and falling. You place a SELL_LIMIT order at 1.4600.

2. You think if the price will go down to 1.4480 then it will fall down to 1.4200. You place a SELL_STOP order at 1.4480.

3. You think the price will go downwards to 1.4400 and then will turn back and rising. You place a BUY_LIMIT order at 1.4400.

4. You think if the price will go up to 1.4520 then it will break out to 1.4700. You place a BUY_STOP order at 1.4520.

ggekko:

Current price is 1.4500.

1. You think the price will go upwards to 1.4600 and then will turn back and falling. You place a SELL_LIMIT order at 1.4600.

2. You think if the price will go down to 1.4480 then it will fall down to 1.4200. You place a SELL_STOP order at 1.4480.

3. You think the price will go downwards to 1.4400 and then will turn back and rising. You place a BUY_LIMIT order at 1.4400.

4. You think if the price will go up to 1.4520 then it will break out to 1.4700. You place a BUY_STOP order at 1.4520.

Quiite Clear as explanation ! Thanks, UKAlgo