Strategy Tester question

Hello to you all,

It certainly is helpful to see the arrows and triangles show up on the chart, representing the entry and exit for each trade. But the problem and question is within this area. I an basic way, as to how I understand, I will demonstrate my steps:

The EA has been compiled and has been run on the Strategy Tester with Results and a Report, although the EA is still under construction, it is structured properly. For monitoring purposes, with each function that is completed or modified, I will run the EA. When the EA test has been completed, I will click the 'OPEN CHART', and the arrows and triangles appear, almost immediately. Here is the problem..........only a small portion of the history appears. (01-01-2009 to 08-25-2009 was the From/To area filled in, the only history that is displayed is from July 28, 2009 to the present. Where as, if I click the 'Visual Mode' and then run the EA, ..........the chart will display the beginning of the history with the arrows and triangles. But it is displayed as tick-by-tick. A very long process. I am under the impression that the display will continue the complete 01-01-2009 to 08-25-2009. Not sure how long this process will take. This is a 15 minute EA, I am not a scalper. Tick-by-tick is not necessary, but to see the proper entry and exit is important.

Are there parameters, functions, that must be done prior to clicking 'OPEN CHART', that will display all the history with arrows and triangles after an EA has been tested?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Huckleberry

Could it be the Max Bars in History / Max Bars in Chart parameters in Tools | Options | Charts ?

CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>

Could it be the Max Bars in History / Max Bars in Chart parameters in Tools | Options | Charts ?

CB

Thank you CB for the advise. I'll have a look this evening and get back.

Regards

Huckleberry

Reason: