Robots' bad performance these past years

I tested 2 robots and their performance starting around 1 to 3 years ago, started to become choppy.

And they are still choppy now.

They are still profitable, but the account change has more ups and downs and the net profit is less.

Are the robots you saw also having the same behaviour?

I am thinking of only 2 possible reasons:

1. The rise of EAs

2. The global turmoil brought by Lehman and subprime

Let's discuss! =)

I wonder if the upsurge of the number of scalping EAs could have made an impact, if not, the main and only cause of the bad performance of all robots.

By the way, the 2 robots I tested are scalpers.

I am hoping to hear what you think.

If the reason is the rise of the EAs, then it is a whole new world. We must re-strategize our robots, and find a new strategy (hopefully, there is one out there).

If the reason is the global crisis, then we are in good hands, as I think it is not permanent, and that currently, things are looking like getting normal, although not yet normal.

jcadong5:

I tested 2 robots and their performance starting around 1 to 3 years ago, started to become choppy.

And they are still choppy now.

They are still profitable, but the account change has more ups and downs and the net profit is less.

Are the robots you saw also having the same behaviour?

I am thinking of only 2 possible reasons:

1. The rise of EAs

2. The global turmoil brought by Lehman and subprime

Let's discuss! =) Let's not. This is a programming forum.

I wonder if the upsurge of the number of scalping EAs could have made an impact, if not, the main and only cause of the bad performance of all robots.

By the way, the 2 robots I tested are scalpers.

I am hoping to hear what you think.

If the reason is the rise of the EAs, then it is a whole new world. We must re-strategize our robots, and find a new strategy (hopefully, there is one out there). There is not "one" strategy out there. This is not a search for the Holy Grail. There are many possibilities. Its up to each of us to develop those which match our clients' risk/reward requirements.

If the reason is the global crisis, then we are in good hands, as I think it is not permanent, and that currently, things are looking like getting normal, although not yet normal.

When it comes to trading, we (and our EAs) are like algae on a whale. The market will do what the market will do.

fxcourt:
When it comes to trading, we (and our EAs) are like algae on a whale. The market will do what the market will do.

Yes, and that's in a patern.

Know what the patern is, use the right indicators and you have the 'system of the market'. But none of the EA's are based on this patern so the 'strategy' could never be the ' holy grail'.

The ' holy grail' is in your hands, not in the expert advisors.

Reason: