Time spent in start()

Hi,

TIME SPENT BY START()

Have you measured the time spent inside the start()?

Is there like an acceptable time for such?

I understand that this is unique per set of code (i.e. per strategy and its implementation).

EVERY WHEN DOES TICKS COME

Let's say that the start() spends negligible amount of time (say, 0ms), is the tick coming at a fixed rate? Or there no such guarantee that ticks come, e.g. every 200 ms, like it is broker server dependent?

The arrival of ticks is dependent upon the broker.

On arrival of a tick, time spent in execution of the start() function (and any other functions which are called by that logic) is dependent upon your particular EA and technology platform.

If another tick arrives while the above is still executing, it will be ignored. If it arrives to find your EA idle, then the start() function will be triggered again.

The time spent in execution of tick-triggered logic and the number of ticks you ignore are metrics, the acceptibility of which, you yourself must decide.

CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>

The arrival of ticks is dependent upon the broker.

On arrival of a tick, time spent in execution of the start() function (and any other functions which are called by that logic) is dependent upon your particular EA and technology platform.

If another tick arrives while the above is still executing, it will be ignored. If it arrives to find your EA idle, then the start() function will be triggered again.

The time spent in execution of tick-triggered logic and the number of ticks you ignore are metrics, the acceptibility of which, you yourself must decide.

CB

CB, Thanks for spending time answering questions of beginners like me. -Jesus

Hey, no problem. Makes me sound like some expert. Which I'm really not.

CB

Reason: