Time gaps

I am having issues with a lag in my system, or maybe it's just the MT4 in general. I'm new to scalping.  I recently noticed a heavy break in my clock, skipping sometimes 4 secs at a time, even as much as 10, so I changed my download speed to that used by gamers in hopes it would be more accurate.  I attached my new upgrade (screenshot), however in watching some minute charts today, its just as bad, well maybe less slipage but I'm not trading today. Does this only happen on paper accounts?  I've removed all the indicators from my screen and have them on a seperate device, logged into a different account.  Is this normal to be missing time frames?   I was about to go live but am having second thoughts with the accuracy in my charts vs. the time delays.  Thanks for your advise.

wistaria: I am having issues with a lag in my system, or maybe it's just the MT4 in general. I'm new to scalping.  I recently noticed a heavy break in my clock, skipping sometimes 4 secs at a time, even as much as 10, so I changed my download speed to that used by gamers in hopes it would be more accurate.  I attached my new upgrade (screenshot), however in watching some minute charts today, its just as bad, well maybe less slipage but I'm not trading today. Does this only happen on paper accounts?  I've removed all the indicators from my screen and have them on a seperate device, logged into a different account.  Is this normal to be missing time frames?   I was about to go live but am having second thoughts with the accuracy in my charts vs. the time delays.  Thanks for your advise.

The trader server time/clock only updates when a new tick arrives. There is no rule that says that traders have to place trades every second.

Depending on the symbol being traded there can easily be gaps in time before a new tick (a trade takes place) arrives. Sometimes it can be seconds, sometimes minutes, and on some symbols even hours or days between ticks.

I suggest you first learn the basics of how trading works before you start speculating.

Reason: