I give up

Hi all,

I have tried lots of possibilities without sucess. I am almost get crazy.

Once again I need your help.

I do not have any problem on starting and making an ea work. The only problem I have is when for some reason I must stop it and there are open trades (for instance a VPS is restarted).

I need to make the ea to get all information about what is going on when it's live again.

What I need: (assuming the ea uses a specific magic number to identify trades)

- Get a profit of all openned trades;

- Get the LOT value of the LAST trade sent to the server after the ea stopped working (for instance, 0.1, 0.3,... 0.8);

- Get the value of the LAST order type sent to the server (BUY or SELL);

Besides that, whille I am forward testing, I notice that sometimes some of the orders (open, modify or close) are not respected by the server (most of the time with a server busy problem).

I need your help on garantee that a specific order is really respected by the server. Something like FORCE the ea to keep trying until that order is sent to the server. The most important orders to be sent (and that must be respected) are OrderSend() and OrderClose().

Thank you in advance

Regards

Paulo

All of these have been answered in previous posts including "keep trying until that order is sent to the server"

see '2 EAs, 2 same charts 1 account'

The 'last order' stuff can be addressed by looking for the highest ticket number

Though if you've given up, we should we 'endeavour to persevere'...?

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

All of these have been answered in previous posts including "keep trying until that order is sent to the server"

see '2 EAs, 2 same charts 1 account'

The 'last order' stuff can be addressed by looking for the highest ticket number

Though if you've given up, we should we 'endeavour to persevere'...?

-BB-

Give up it's a way we use to relax for a whille before continue...:o)

I will see the posts you refer, but regardless the highest ticket number I think it only works if I run the ea explicity for one currency pair and do not trade with any other ea even manual. Does not?

Sorry for the English

Regards

Paulo

"I do not have any problem on starting and making an ea work. The only problem I have is when for some reason I must stop it and there are open trades (for instance a VPS is restarted)."

do you have source code access?

"I need to make the ea to get all information about what is going on when it's live again."
Client Terminal Global Variables or EA state disc file.

Just like a DataBase system or Non-Stop program - they both checkpoint out current state of play at those execution points which they can fall back to IF environment issues ie, the last checkpoint position is a Non-Stop program can restart as if nothing went wrong and the position where the DataBase system can cleanly backout or restart/continue the last transaction.

just some ideas...

Best

Reason: