* History Data Management - duplication -

Hi,

I'm trying to have the same history data on EURUSD on two different computer. The 2 platforms are from the same broker. One is the one I am using since a few months and the other is just a new one I have just installed. At first I have downloaded the eurusd history with the DOWNLOAD button but I noticed differences and very strange results when running the tester with the same EA. So I thought this may come from the source of the data that may have been changed or any other thing. So I deleted all history on eurusd (every TimeFrame was empty). Then I export each time frame and import them into the new station. And guess what? I still have the same odd results... the history data used by the tester is really not the same I have injected.

I did also make sure there was not the genetic algorithm option checked. I also tried to copy and paste directly the files in the directory with no success.

that would be great if someone can anyone explain me what to do to have the same history on 2 platforms or force the tester to use the one I have put in using the history manager.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Just as a means to an end you could copy the whole of MT4 so you end up with a clone but make sure you con't let the computer access the broker after you have done the copy otherwise the history will get changed again. It would be interesting to know if the EA then does the samething on both computers.

Ruptor:

Hi

Just as a means to an end you could copy the whole of MT4 so you end up with a clone but make sure you con't let the computer access the broker after you have done the copy otherwise the history will get changed again. It would be interesting to know if the EA then does the samething on both computers.

Good idea Ruptor. Thanks a lot.

But I didn't do that because the second pc run under windowsXP so it's not the same file management as with vista (because of the virtual store). That's why I copied only the history file. But what I did rigth now is copying the whole history folder but I had not more charts available, no more symbols to select in the tester. At least I have tried!

I'll try later to copy the virstul store and consider it's the same entity that would have been generated under XP to see if it works.

Or I think I will install a new platform on each computer and work with the latest download on each one (I will do the operation on the same day hoping it will be the same download!) if there are no other solution posted.

Reason: