I need help with MT4 Account Copier - page 2

Okay, options as I see them:

- Why not run the decision-making EA on both accounts - rather than having a "slave" account at all?

- Or open and use a standard account rather than a micro account as the "slave"?

- Failing that, we'd need to see the EAs in question to work out how to implement a change. Do you have access to the .mq4 file on each PC? (look in the MT4/experts folder)

By the way, the purpose of the function I referred to earlier was to trim the "m" off the symbol as follows.

Assuming Symbol() = "EURUSDm"

then

StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6) will return "EURUSD"

CB

cloudbreaker:

Okay, options as I see them:

- Why not run the decision-making EA on both accounts - rather than having a "slave" account at all?

- Or open and use a standard account rather than a micro account as the "slave"?

- Failing that, we'd need to see the EAs in question to work out how to implement a change. Do you have access to the .mq4 file on each PC? (look in the MT4/experts folder)

By the way, the purpose of the function I referred to earlier was to trim the "m" off the symbol as follows.

Assuming Symbol() = "EURUSDm"

then

StringSubstr(Symbol(),0,6) will return "EURUSD"

CB

Thanks, CB -

My choice is to use the last thing you mention - to trim the "m" off the symbol. I am NO programmer (surprise!), so I really have no idea how to do what you are telling me - can you tell me how to start? I'm researching the "Book" area of this site, trying - no, working - to figure it out. (I believe that "trying" to do something is really just simply not doing it.) But, if you can point me in a direction, I, of course, appreciate the help!

Iceman0712:

Thanks, CB -

My choice is to use the last thing you mention - to trim the "m" off the symbol. I am NO programmer (surprise!), so I really have no idea how to do what you are telling me - can you tell me how to start? I'm researching the "Book" area of this site, trying - no, working - to figure it out. (I believe that "trying" to do something is really just simply not doing it.) But, if you can point me in a direction, I, of course, appreciate the help!

I did ask why each of options 1 & 2 are not possible?

The last option will be most difficult - and may not actually be practically possible.

I also asked if you have access to the .mq4 files? (As I said, look in the "experts" folder of the MetaTrader installation on your PC).

Just so we're on the same sheet - that's 3 answers I'm awaiting.

CB

Iceman0712:

The account copier program is an EA that basically connects two computers - connecting one trading platform to another. The EA causes trades made on the 1st platform (the provider) to be made on the 2nd platform (the processor). Both platforms are running on MetaTrader. The purpose is that I have someone in another part of the country on the 1st end making trades during the overnight market, and the EA causes those same trades to be made on my computer, while I sleep. :-)

I have the EA up and running on a demo, but my problem is this: On the other person's platform, the currency pairs are shown as, for example, EURUSD, which is the same as on my demo. On my live account however, the pairs are shown as, for example, EURUSDm (as in mini account). So, when he makes a trade on EURUSD, the EA is looking for that same pair on my platform, but it's not there - it's EURUSDm.

So, what I'm trying to find out is if it's possible to do something on my platform that will basically alter the name of the pairs, so when the message comes from the other end to make a trade on EURUSD, it finds EURUSD on my end, not EURUSDm.

I can understand your frustration in dealing with someone who is asking questions about which they know so little. You are definitely performing your good deed for the day! And it's greatly appreciated.

By the way, Iceman is a user name my husband and I have just used in general for years. Usually there's no bearing on whether I'm a man or a woman when I use it.....I was just trying to garner some sympathy by pointing out my gender. :-)

Most account copiers have a configuration file somewhere that converts the accounts automatically for you.

Something like this:

//---------------------------------
// Master => Slave
//---------------------------------

USDCHF => USDCHFm
GBPUSD => GBPUSDm
EURUSD => EURUSDm
USDJPY => USDJPYm
USDCAD => USDCADm

[OTHER_SYMBOL] => [OTHER_SYMBOL]m

since I do not have your program here in front of me it is like looking for the old needle in the haystack. Sure the answer you seek is very simply but without seeing the program you are trying to run it is almost impossible to help here.

Iceman0712:

I'm trying to use an account copier EA and am getting an error message - "unknown symbol". I believe it has to do with the fact that I'm copying from a standard account to a mini - and the m after the currency pair name is messing me up. Is there a way to remove that "m" on my platform? Thanks for any help!

Hello,

I saw your message just now, knowing I was posted long long ago. And hope that your problem must be solved by now. If not, I am ready to help you out, knowing that you are novice at programming.
I know a little bit of programming, much of trading. And have been through problems like that.
I am very inactive at forums, unless informed through email. Fastest way to contact will be through doctornasir@yahoo.com

Reason: