Strategy Tester Problem

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I'm running the code taken from the MQL4 Book, which is called tradingexpert.mq4, in the section Simple Expert Advisor.

I'm trying to perform a simulation of this code in Strategy Tester.

The program has been successully compiled and loads into the tester but does not complete the test.

I set the Use Date: to 2 days using the M15 timeframe, but the green bar gets to near the end but never actually completes.

The tester journal has the following entries:

2009.07.12 08:41:41 Book Trading Expert v01 inputs: StopLoss=200; TakeProfit=39; Period_MA_1=11; Period_MA_2=31; Rastvor=28; Lots=0.1; Prots=0.07;
2009.07.12 08:41:36 Book Trading Expert v01: loaded successfully

Does any one know why this is happening?

Other experts that I have coded myself work ok in the tester and the results are shown.

Is there something about this code that I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Chris

u probably haven't press the button which is right hand side of the visual mode bar

kelly:
u probably haven't press the button which is right hand side of the visual mode bar

I'm not running the simulation in visual mode, hence this button is greyed-out.

chrisds9:

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

I'm running the code taken from the MQL4 Book, which is called tradingexpert.mq4, in the section Simple Expert Advisor.

I'm trying to perform a simulation of this code in Strategy Tester.

The program has been successully compiled and loads into the tester but does not complete the test.

I set the Use Date: to 2 days using the M15 timeframe, but the green bar gets to near the end but never actually completes.

The tester journal has the following entries:

2009.07.12 08:41:41 Book Trading Expert v01 inputs: StopLoss=200; TakeProfit=39; Period_MA_1=11; Period_MA_2=31; Rastvor=28; Lots=0.1; Prots=0.07;
2009.07.12 08:41:36 Book Trading Expert v01: loaded successfully

Does any one know why this is happening?

Other experts that I have coded myself work ok in the tester and the results are shown.

Is there something about this code that I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Chris

jiva34:

few years later,,, now 2010...

I have the same problem, with the mt4 on the weekends. Also data will not loading from history...

May just be a weekend thing. Updates going or something....

Too bad, because that is when I have a couple of minutes to research and test...

Reason: