Anyone Interested in writing an EA for $20 - page 2

I propose to make your EA, and this is my best offer:

- I will PAY YOU the $20 for the opportunity you give to develop it.

- Moreover, I will make this EA risk-free. So, I will give you the money back to your account, for each trade hitting the stop level.

- If you don't have enough funds, I will create an account in your behalf and deposit the necessary funds. I still pay you back for the losing positions.

- I even GRANT you the authorization the resale the EA to people interested in it.

- and If the EA also fails for those people, you can blame me, so that I can pay the money back of all losing trades.

I thinks that is a fair proposal. Thanks for the opportunity.

:-)

abstract_mind:

- Moreover, I will make this EA risk-free. So, I will give you the money back to your account, for each trade hitting the stop level.

- If you don't have enough funds, I will create an account in your behalf and deposit the necessary funds. I still pay you back for the losing positions.

- I even GRANT you the authorization the resale the EA to people interested in it.

- and If the EA also fails for those people, you can blame me, so that I can pay the money back of all losing trades.

Nice one abstract_mind. I like it.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Nice one abstract_mind. I like it.

CB

I suppose by criticizing the_one we are being myopic.

The things is you get to know a new strategy. As mastercard ad says "........ priceless."

Buccas13

buccas13 wrote >>

I suppose by criticizing the_one we are being myopic.

The things is you get to know a new strategy. As mastercard ad says "........ priceless."

Buccas13

LOL... Of course... we all forget the fact that we get given a "strategy" for free...

Perhaps its the invincible "Martingale" one...

Or maybe the "Fibo Retracement" one...

Could even be the "MACD trigger levels" strategy...

Or some other kind of - if this; then that; or the other, but exluding widgets and taking into account wotsits, doubling up lot sizes, but not on NFP days nor on BoE announcements and I'd also like a link to my home weather server web-site so I can tune risk to whatever direction the weather-cock in the back garden is pointing...

Being a developer for over 28 years, like the rest of the guys here, its so patronising to be "told" I can do something for $20... Most *good* developers would have charged up $20 just reading the initial forum post. Think about this... If your strategy is *really* that good and its going to make you 100's of thousands of pips per annum, then pay the going rate, offering $20 tells most of us that its not even worth bothering with.

Some time ago I attempted (in vain) to offer to develop strategies for people. I posted a "requirements" document template that I wanted filled in describing all of the strategy in fine detail, asking for examples, screen shots of the manual process, indicators and so on... HOW do you expect a developer to do a job for free (or even $20) when you can't even BE BOTHERED to fill out a simple document... I had some (3 actually) reasonable attempts by people to specify what they wanted so I collaborated with them - gave them the benefit of the doubt as they clearly at least "tried" to help me to help them... But for the most part, people couldn't even get that far. Perhaps if I had offered them $20 to complete the form I'd have got better responses.

TheForexDevMan:

LOL... Of course... we all forget the fact that we get given a "strategy" for free...

Or some other kind of - if this; then that; or the other, but exluding widgets and taking into account wotsits, doubling up lot sizes, but not on NFP days nor on BoE announcements and I'd also like a link to my home weather server web-site so I can tune risk to whatever direction the weather-cock in the back garden is pointing...

Being a developer for over 28 years, like the rest of the guys here, its so patronising to be "told" I can do something for $20... Most *good* developers would have charged up $20 just reading the initial forum post. Think about this... If your strategy is *really* that good and its going to make you 100's of thousands of pips per annum, then pay the going rate, offering $20 tells most of us that its not even worth bothering with.

Some time ago I attempted (in vain) to offer to develop strategies for people. I posted a "requirements" document template that I wanted filled in describing all of the strategy in fine detail, asking for examples, screen shots of the manual process, indicators and so on... HOW do you expect a developer to do a job for free (or even $20) when you can't even BE BOTHERED to fill out a simple document... I had some (3 actually) reasonable attempts by people to specify what they wanted so I collaborated with them - gave them the benefit of the doubt as they clearly at least "tried" to help me to help them... But for the most part, people couldn't even get that far. Perhaps if I had offered them $20 to complete the form I'd have got better responses.

human nature

TheForexDevMan:

Well said ForexDevMan. Nail on head.

CB

TheForexDevMan wrote >>

Hi ForexDevMan,

Your information confirms my belief. If someone who claims to have a good strategy but cannot even put that in writing, it's probably not all that good after all. Most people don't understand the basics of software system development cycle - collecting requirements, specification, coding (yes I have a software engineering background) and frustrate the hell out of developers. The hardest part is collecting requirements (for FX trading system): strategies, indicators, signals, exit and entry points, MM rules, etc.) because it is a collaborative effort. This is true even for a well-founded project. Coding is really just a one man job AFTER you have nailed all the requirements. People who have problems verbalizing what they want in technical terms often find themselves changing their mind or will discover the strategy was not well-throught or flawed later. Their statement may sound like --- create a system that works and can really make money. How? "Sorry, I don't have the details yet" would be the answer. People who cannot BE BOTHERED or lack the FX knowledge to express themselves should perhaps look at the hundreds of commercial EAs already out there. This way you could turn the table around by making paid customers your testers.

My conclusion is if you are already a developer, you have an edge that most traders don't. It would be a better and more rewarding experience for you to self-learn the fundamentals and technical analysis and better your knowledge over time. You don't need a degree in Finance; just enough to help you in living trading. You would find yourself continously coding and backtesting strategies of your own interest anyway.

Someone who cannot even afford to buy a commercial EA probably doesn't even have enough risk capital to trade anyway.

abstract_mind:

It is a dream come true. I would take up on your offer but I don't like my trades to hit stop loss, can you promise to move the market in my favor? :)

CB, You seems to be easily offended. Your posts give me a feeling that this coding work is getting on your nerves. Perhaps time for a new job...how about a full time trader for a change? :)

Reason: