Why do I get the message "there are no new data for a symbol"?

Hello,

Every now and then, I get the following message when trying to download data from "MetaQuotes Software Corp. history center":

there are no new data for a symbol 'EURUSD'

The symbol can vary. In Options/Charts, "Max bars in history=512000" and "Max bars in chart=65000" but in the History Center (F2), when I select EURUSD and then double-click on "1 Minute" or "5 Minutes", it only shows data for one or two weeks, depending on which one I click. It does not go back 512000 bars or 512000/1440=355 days.

I have other MT4's installed with different brokerages and they're fine now but they also do the same thing from time to time. Why does this happen and how can I force MT4 to download the data? (I don't even think the brokerage matters, as the data being downloaded is always from the same source, "MetaQuotes Software Corp. history center".)

Thank you.

.....Sean

seanmcgu:

Hello,

Every now and then, I get the following message when trying to download data from "MetaQuotes Software Corp. history center":

there are no new data for a symbol 'EURUSD'

The symbol can vary. In Options/Charts, "Max bars in history=512000" and "Max bars in chart=65000" but in the History Center (F2), when I select EURUSD and then double-click on "1 Minute" or "5 Minutes", it only shows data for one or two weeks, depending on which one I click. It does not go back 512000 bars or 512000/1440=355 days.

I have other MT4's installed with different brokerages and they're fine now but they also do the same thing from time to time. Why does this happen and how can I force MT4 to download the data? (I don't even think the brokerage matters, as the data being downloaded is always from the same source, "MetaQuotes Software Corp. history center".)

Thank you.

.....Sean

I think I found my own answer. The brokerage I'm using has an "_fx" appended to the end of the symbol, so I'm guessing that the "MetaQuotes Software Corp. history center" does not recognize that.

I've sent a message to my brokerage asking for clarification and I will update this thread when I hear back from them.

.....Sean

I met the same issue and don't how to fix.
Reason: