where is order data stored...

I'm working on an EA that functioned until this afternoon. Where is the data regarding an open order stored?

The open order count is correct at '6', and I receive the 'Here...' alert 6 times for each cycle. I do not get into the code after the 'if'.

In thinking back, the only think I can think of is that I cleaned out the accumulated log files. Did I do it to myself?

This running on a demo account at FastFX.

Thanks for your input.

for (int cnt1=1; cnt1<=OrdersTotal(); cnt1++) //Cycle for all orders..
{

Alert("Here...");
if(OrderSelect(cnt1-1,SELECT_BY_POS)==true && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
{

Alert(Symbol()+"...at profit point..."+cnt1);

}

}

The open orders are held on the broker's server.

I'd recommend you loop down through the orders, rather than up.

dj9866:

I'm working on an EA that functioned until this afternoon. Where is the data regarding an open order stored?

The open order count is correct at '6', and I receive the 'Here...' alert 6 times for each cycle. I do not get into the code after the 'if'.

In thinking back, the only think I can think of is that I cleaned out the accumulated log files. Did I do it to myself?

Cloudbreaker's right on both counts in his reply. Two other things worth mentioning, albeit about closed rather than open orders:

• MT4 can sometimes start up with filtering automatically in place on the account history. Don't know if it's the broker or the software which controls this. You need to right-click and choose "All History" to get the full list, and the filtering affects what EAs see via OrdersHistoryTotal() etc as well as what's displayed on screen.
  • Some brokers truncate the history on demo accounts such that "All History" never goes back beyond a certain point.

jjc:

Cloudbreaker's right on both counts in his reply. Two other things worth mentioning, albeit about closed rather than open orders:

• MT4 can sometimes start up with filtering automatically in place on the account history. Don't know if it's the broker or the software which controls this. You need to right-click and choose "All History" to get the full list, and the filtering affects what EAs see via OrdersHistoryTotal() etc as well as what's displayed on screen.
  • Some brokers truncate the history on demo accounts such that "All History" never goes back beyond a certain point.
Cloudbreaker and jjc...thank you for your responses...

Reason: