Metatrader 4 Build 224

I wrote an EA and tested it on my HP Laptop computer. I back tested it on EURO/US 15 minute chart with start time "June 1, 2009" and stop time "June 2, 2009".

It opened a buy order at 2:45 GMt on June 1, 2009.

My laptop computer has MetaTrader 4, build 218.

I have just re-installed XP OS on a DELL desk top computer.

I copied the EA to my desk top computer which has MetaTrader 4, build 224, compiled it, back tested it using the same currency pair and time period. IT DID NOT OPEN AN ORDER.

All the input for the EA input on both computers were the same. The expert settings under "TESTER, EXPERT PROPERTIES" were also the same.

I rechecked the settings on the desk top computer and made sure that the settings under "TOOLS, OPTIONS, EXPERT ADVISOR" were the same on both computers.

How is this possible (i.e. the desk top computer did not open an order)? What other checks can I perform? Is there an issue with MetaTrader 4 Build 224?

I would welcome any feedback.

money_o:

I wrote an EA and tested it on my HP Laptop computer. I back tested it on EURO/US 15 minute chart with start time "June 1, 2009" and stop time "June 2, 2009".

It opened a buy order at 2:45 GMt on June 1, 2009.

My laptop computer has MetaTrader 4, build 218.

I have just re-installed XP OS on a DELL desk top computer.

I copied the EA to my desk top computer which has MetaTrader 4, build 224, compiled it, back tested it using the same currency pair and time period. IT DID NOT OPEN AN ORDER.

All the input for the EA input on both computers were the same. The expert settings under "TESTER, EXPERT PROPERTIES" were also the same.

I rechecked the settings on the desk top computer and made sure that the settings under "TOOLS, OPTIONS, EXPERT ADVISOR" were the same on both computers.

How is this possible (i.e. the desk top computer did not open an order)? What other checks can I perform? Is there an issue with MetaTrader 4 Build 224?

I would welcome any feedback.

money_o,

This could be due to history issues. Make sure you have the history downloaded on your desktop pc mt4. You can also check for any messages in the journal of the tester.

Reason: