Hiding Indicators from chart

Hi,

Is it possible to hide indicators or not display them on a chart?

Imagine you want to distribute an EA that assists the trader only signals by displaying arrows. Trader opens and closes positions from EA signals. EA calculates positions from many indicators (so this indics are in mt4 exp/ind folder and could be attached to chart) . You want to distribute this assist EA on a demo version : EA only draws arrows but user cannot attach indicators to chart, or if he can do it, indicators won't draw anything, although EA can use it with iCustom functions. EA will stay virgin, only with b/s arrows.

Thought about HideTestIndicators function but it's not suited for what i want.

Any idea?

Sorry for this weird question eh. :P

Thanks!

damtoul wrote >>

Hi,

Is it possible to hide indicators or not display them on a chart?

Imagine you want to distribute an EA that assists the trader only signals by displaying arrows. Trader opens and closes positions from EA signals. EA calculates positions from many indicators (so this indics are in mt4 exp/ind folder and could be attached to chart) . You want to distribute this assist EA on a demo version : EA only draws arrows but user cannot attach indicators to chart, or if he can do it, indicators won't draw anything, although EA can use it with iCustom functions. EA will stay virgin, only with b/s arrows.

Thought about HideTestIndicators function but it's not suited for what i want.

Any idea?

Sorry for this weird question eh. :P

Thanks!

Hi Damtool,

That's not very nice for your users but...

What I would do is modifying the indicator not to display objects but only returning values. So you can provide this indicator to your prospect and the correct one to the clients.

Have fun with ghosts ;-)

Jacques366:

Hi Damtool,

That's not very nice for your users but...

What I would do is modifying the indicator not to display objects but only returning values. So you can provide this indicator to your prospect and the correct one to the clients.

Have fun with ghosts ;-)

Jacques,

it's effectively an easy and very good solution.I will do that.

I know it's not very nice but business is business. ;)

Thanks for your answer. Have a nice day or night.

Dam.