Counting Up Arrows

Hi all, this is my first post, so if I say something stupid, please let me know.

I am trying to count the number of UP arrows that is on a certain chart. The only thing that I can find to count arrows, counts all arrows(up and down), but I just want to count only the Up arrows. I am certain that there is a way to do this that I just cannot find.

Please help!

This is how I can count the total arrows:

int    obj_total=ObjectsTotal(OBJ_ARROW);
   Comment("OBJ_ARROW's: ", obj_total);

jtc418:

Hi all, this is my first post, so if I say something stupid, please let me know.

I am trying to count the number of UP arrows that is on a certain chart. The only thing that I can find to count arrows, counts all arrows(up and down), but I just want to count only the Up arrows. I am certain that there is a way to do this that I just cannot find.

Please help!

This is how I can count the total arrows:

The code above will return all the arrows on the chart. You probably have to use ObjectType() function as well.

robofx.org wrote >>

The code above will return all the arrows on the chart. You probably have to use ObjectType() function as well.

Correct, the above code that I added is not what I want to use. I only want it to count the UP arrows only. Thanks for the reply, I'll look into using ObjectType() also.

*edit* ObjectType() is another thing I've tried already, but that only allows me to use the same "OBJ_ARROW". I'm thinking I need to be able to use "SYMBOL_ARROWUP", but ObjectType() and ObjectsTotal() will not count the "SYMBOL_ARROWUP" so I need a way to count the SYMBOL_ARROWUP maybe? *end edit*

I still haven't figured out how to do this. Is it maybe not possible? I was thinking it might be something simple, but I guess it might not be after all.

Reason: