Indy to display numbers on seperate window???

hi guys,

I have read about how to code indicators and can do quite a bit with them BUT I am at a loss with what i am trying to do now....

can some one please help me understand how to code and indy for a seperate window that will display values instead of lines or histgrams...

For E.g :

I want to know the values of a 55 EMA and a 21 EMA over multiple TF's so I want a subwindow that will display it like this :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAIR : GBP/JPY

Current Bid : 123.00

55 EMA------------- 1M------------- 5M-------------- 15M------------- 30M------------- 60M etc up to 4RH

--------------------122.80--------- 122.74---------- 122.70---------- 122.63----------- 122.55

21EMA----------- 1M--------------- 5M------------ etc up to 4HR

------------------122.20----------- 122.12 ....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please ignore the blue ------- i had to put them in to get the numbers to line up right.

I would like to to disaply up to 3 pairs data like above...how do i do this? can anyone help me understand how?

I know I will use iMA functions to call the values of the EMA's and use the various Periods(PERIOD_1M etc) to determine the values for each period ...but how do i get it to display?

thanx guys

can anyone help with this?

I would go to https://www.forex-tsd.com/ and search for dashboard indicators - quite a few there but we have none here :(

Perhaps you could post it when your done?

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

I would go to https://www.forex-tsd.com/ and search for dashboard indicators - quite a few there but we have none here :(

Perhaps you could post it when your done?

Good Luck

-BB-

will give it a try...if i find any i will definately post it here. but surely there is a coder here who has an idea how to code a dashboard...there are some very experienced coders here i am sure someone knows how...

Dashboards are commonly used to support manual (aka discretionary) trading systems

We have no need of them in coding for EA's which is this forums main focus, the indicators we have are (mainly) geared towards an EA calling them

The EA will simply refer to any timeframe at any point in code, it doesnt need a specific indi to do this

> there are some very experienced coders here

There sure are but they are looking for 'calculates good' rather than 'looks neat' - it's a different perspective is all :)

FWIW

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

Dashboards are commonly used to support manual (aka discretionary) trading systems

We have no need of them in coding for EA's which is this forums main focus, the indicators we have are (mainly) geared towards an EA calling them

The EA will simply refer to any timeframe at any point in code, it doesnt need a specific indi to do this

> there are some very experienced coders here

There sure are but they are looking for 'calculates good' rather than 'looks neat' - it's a different perspective is all :)

FWIW

-BB-

haha ok I get you...thanx ...i will do some more reading on the subject.

cheers

Hi

You could cheat and make an Inicator that uses a separate window and output the values you want with a Comment command. I have seen multiple line comments and it would be simple this way.

23510 wrote >>

haha ok I get you...thanx ...i will do some more reading on the subject.

cheers

Here's another site to try. There are lots of indicators there that are very similar to what you're looking for. If you can't find the right thing at least there's lots of code to look at - to help you build your own:

www.kreslik.com

Just scroll down through the posts on the main page (and following pages). Many of them have source code attached.

- Tovan

tovan:

Here's another site to try. There are lots of indicators there that are very similar to what you're looking for. If you can't find the right thing at least there's lots of code to look at - to help you build your own:

www.kreslik.com

Just scroll down through the posts on the main page (and following pages). Many of them have source code attached.

- Tovan

thnx a lot! I will definately look at that

Ruptor:

Hi

You could cheat and make an Inicator that uses a separate window and output the values you want with a Comment command. I have seen multiple line comments and it would be simple this way.

great idea...might be worth a try, thanx

Ruptor:

Hi

I tried this but the comments stay on the chart iteslf and the indicator window below stays blank...any suggestions?

Reason: