HELP WITH FORWARD TEST AND BACK TEST

HELLO 

can someone please tell me how do i do forward test and backtest on my ea?

how accurecy is forward test and backtest?

im kinda new in this so please help and thank you you can reply back at fxwillpower1688@gmail.com 

willpower1688:

HELLO

can someone please tell me how do i do forward test and backtest on my ea?

im kinda new in this so please help and thank you you can reply back at fxwillpower1688@gmail.com

You can do a backtest in the Strategy Tester (Ctrl+R).

For forward testing you can open a demo account, then open the appropriate chart and append your EA to it.

Cheers

willpower1688:

It depends on the nature of your strategy. Personally, I wouldn't trust any sort of testing in MT4 for a strategy which is either high-frequency or which turns from profit to loss if the fills are marginally different. Or which relies on very specific levels in the market being hit. The strategy tester is nowhere near precise enough for this, and forward-testing on a demo account is potentially materially different to live trading in these scenarios unless you're big enough not to have your orders warehoused by the broker. That's one of the reasons why a lot of the well-known commercial EAs make money on paper but lose it in live trading.

The strategy tester also has a number of limitations which I personally regard as show-stoppers: no meaningful drawdown figures, no time-based reporting, no Sharpe ratio etc. etc. etc.

Reason: