Feature Request: OrderInformation() - get the same info as string as written to logfile by OrderPrint()

Could you provide a function like OrderInformation() that retrieves the same information

as OrderPrint() puts to logfile ?

thank you (in the event of..)

hurgax:

Could you provide a function like OrderInformation() that retrieves the same information

as OrderPrint() puts to logfile ?

thank you (in the event of..)

There are already functions to retrieve the info items individually eg. OrderComment().

I'd prefer this solution over what you've asked for, as you'd have to parse all the info and convert to correct data types etc.

I've noticed your collection of posts has some requests which, like this one, are strange when viewed individually.

- OrderInformation()

- OrderTimestampChanged

- Change the name and location of the log file

- Find all orders placed by a certain EA

- Build your own database rather than referring to Order History

What are you trying to achieve and maybe we can help you look at it from a different angle. You should always be suspicious of your logic if you find yourself alone in trying to redesign a mature framework.

cloudbreaker:

There are already functions to retrieve the info items individually eg. OrderComment().

I'd prefer this solution over what you've asked for, as you'd have to parse all the info and convert to correct data types etc.

I've noticed your collection of posts has some requests which, like this one, are strange when viewed individually.

- OrderInformation()

- OrderTimestampChanged

- Change the name and location of the log file

- Find all orders placed by a certain EA

- Build your own database rather than referring to Order History

What are you trying to achieve and maybe we can help you look at it from a different angle. You should always be suspicious of your logic if you find yourself alone in trying to redesign a mature framework.

thank you for reply

and sorry for late reply.

OrderComment needs to be passed to OrderSend, if am informed correctly. what, if a commercial script does not provides meaningful comments ?

basically, i need all orders, regardless of its origin in MT4 (scripts, EA, commercial scripts, commercial EA), to be tracked with all available information

(type, symbol, timestamp of change, script name behind, prices, stops, targets) in order to put them into a database or for other external processing,

like copying then to another broker.

recording orders in a database is in my eyes the best method to track performance of any strategy and to get a flexible overview of account history.

for this, i'd like to know when exactly an order was fired from a commercial script and from which script. i'd like to know, when a commercial script

may starts to work not as profitable as before. for this, an sql research is the best method.

copy orders is the best way to implement failsave scenarios or using metatrader at all, as perfect autotrade platform with other brokers (ok, see your fear here).

i know, this is not the sense to use MT4, as it is always provided with a special broker. i don't want to leave my broker, but i like to participate on

advantages some other brokers can offer sometimes, without missing MT4 and my auto trade system.

mt4 basically is flexible. you can leave it by using a DLL, doing what ever you want with all information accessible within a script (e.g. iterating over all orders).

but this concept has not been finished. some information - like origin of an order,are not available, since not explicitly written as comment.

on the other hand, you can find this information in the logfile, as it lists the name of script.

in summary, you can't get full control/overview over all orders placed from within MT4, which is in some scenarios, like mine, desired.