Trendlines vanish

When I add a trendlines of any type even MA's if I then sign off and log in later they are missing. I thought something must have gotten buggerd in the software so I downloaded MT4 again but still have the same problem. This computer is running Vista but I have others that run Vista64 and I have no problem. Pretty sure I have set something wrong,but what.

Any help will be appreciated.

fleab

fleab wrote >>

When I add a trendlines of any type even MA's if I then sign off and log in later they are missing. I thought something must have gotten buggerd in the software so I downloaded MT4 again but still have the same problem. This computer is running Vista but I have others that run Vista64 and I have no problem. Pretty sure I have set something wrong,but what.

fleab

Have you tried this- After you add your indicators or any other features you perform on the charts then hover your cursor over the chart and right click. Go to "Template", then "Save Template". This will save all your changes onto your computer hard drive. It's the same steps you take when saving any another file. This should save all your changes.

Also, now when you pull up a new chart you can right click go to "Template", then down to the name you gave the file and in one click you've change the new chart to all your changes. If you don't want to use the new template for all your charts but, you just want to save your current chart go up to "File" at the left top of the webpage and click on "Save As". Then save it as a file. This should solve your problem. If it does or doesn't keep us posted.

Alan

aj34997:

Have you tried this- After you add your indicators or any other features you perform on the charts then hover your cursor over the chart and right click. Go to "Template", then "Save Template". This will save all your changes onto your computer hard drive. It's the same steps you take when saving any another file. This should save all your changes.

Also, now when you pull up a new chart you can right click go to "Template", then down to the name you gave the file and in one click you've change the new chart to all your changes. If you don't want to use the new template for all your charts but, you just want to save your current chart go up to "File" at the left top of the webpage and click on "Save As". Then save it as a file. This should solve your problem. If it does or doesn't keep us posted.

Alan

aj Yep I just gave that a try . Even if it had worked (it did not) it would have been way too manny operations when in the past I could just plot my trend lines and go on to the next pair. However when I went to save as a template it would not allow me to save in the normal folder said I would have to contacked my adminastrater. Wow I am going downhill fast. O yea I am the adminastrator. I have been running MT4 for about 3 1/2 years with very little trouble till now. I am at a loss.

fleab wrote >>

aj Yep I just gave that a try . Even if it had worked (it did not) it would have been way too manny operations when in the past I could just plot my trend lines and go on to the next pair. However when I went to save as a template it would not allow me to save in the normal folder said I would have to contacked my adminastrater. Wow I am going downhill fast. O yea I am the adminastrator. I have been running MT4 for about 3 1/2 years with very little trouble till now. I am at a loss.

Sounds like you switched to Vista. It has some limitations on saving and updating filles that are in the program and program (X-86) files directories. My Vista says I have to have Administrator approval and then prompts me for that approval. I just added a trendline, exited MetaTrader and it was there when I restarted MetaTrader. I installed my MetaTrader in a non-program files subdirectory. If fact, it's in my Document Subdirectory. I decided I didn't want to play that "You have to have Administratgor approval" game anymore when I am logged in as the administrator every time I wanted to make a little change.

Bill

fleab wrote >>

fleab

Here's another suggestion which you may or may not what to do. I've used this a number of times when I had some kind of computer glitch. Click on the "start" button on your desktop. Go to Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. (That's where it is on Windows XP) You can go back to an earlier date that you know your Meta Trader platform was working. If this doesn't fix it you can always undo the restore by using the same procedure.

aj34997:

Here's another suggestion which you may or may not what to do. I've used this a number of times when I had some kind of computer glitch. Click on the "start" button on your desktop. Go to Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. (That's where it is on Windows XP) You can go back to an earlier date that you know your Meta Trader platform was working. If this doesn't fix it you can always undo the restore by using the same procedure.

All the help is greatly appriciated. Here is what I settled on. Some place in the forum I read about another problem very simelar to mine and the solution ( by someone I can't remember so I can't give them credit here) was simply to right click the MT4 logo and run as adminastrator. Works fine. I never knew you could do that. The mystery to me still is why must I do this on this computer when I have another that runs Vista and I don't have to. The only differance is that this one is Vista and the other is Vista64.Thanks again for all the help and I hope this helps somebody else.

Reason: