help on adding index symbols

I have added some index symbols N225, dax and others. They show on the marketwatch list, and I see them as charts when selected, but they are " greyed out" in the market watch window and when I select right click and do new order, they default to somethinf else? When I right click from the charts it doesnt give me e " new oders" choice.

Whst must I do to trade them from either the market window of from the chart?

Thanks

Wilson

wcredle wrote >>

I have added some index symbols N225, dax and others. They show on the marketwatch list, and I see them as charts when selected, but they are " greyed out" in the market watch window and when I select right click and do new order, they default to somethinf else? When I right click from the charts it doesnt give me e " new oders" choice.

Whst must I do to trade them from either the market window of from the chart?

Thanks

Wilson

If the platform you are using is MetaTrader4 it is primarily for trading FX. I read elsewhere on this site that it can also be used to trade futures, But it depends on your broker. Check with your broker to see if they allow the type of trading you want to do. The platform is software that is rented out to brokers. So, I don't think you are going to be able to do what you want to do. If you just want to monitor stocks, index, ETF's or FX a found a free basic charting program you might want to try. It's located here. http://www.marketbrowser.com/mbzzzq2.asp But, at this time they only handle about 10 of the most popular index's (DAX is not one of them) and only US paired FX currencies (including gold and silver).

Reason: