Historical Bar simulator

Hi, there, does any one use the script - "stepbystep" posted in below link?

'StepByStep'

It seems I am having problem to make it work, not sure what is missing.

Or, anyone has a similar script which could share with, please, give a favor. I have a couple of ideas to get the water tested, so, I need

a scrip to clean everything(bars, lines, indicators, anything) on the entire window, then, populate the historical data bar by bar into the chart window for a clean base simulation. I have been looking for this script long time, please beg your favor to help with. thank you !!!

Krue wrote >>

Hi, there, does any one use the script - "stepbystep" posted in below link?

'StepByStep'

It seems I am having problem to make it work, not sure what is missing.

Or, anyone has a similar script which could share with, please, give a favor. I have a couple of ideas to get the water tested, so, I need

a scrip to clean everything(bars, lines, indicators, anything) on the entire window, then, populate the historical data bar by bar into the chart window for a clean base simulation. I have been looking for this script long time, please beg your favor to help with. thank you !!!

This feature is already built in to MetaTrader. Just run the Strategy Tester in Visual Mode. If you don't have an EA to test you can pick one of the demo's just so you can get it to run. You can control the speed at which the ticks come in and setup the chart however you want.

- Tovan

tovan wrote >>

This feature is already built in to MetaTrader. Just run the Strategy Tester in Visual Mode. If you don't have an EA to test you can pick one of the demo's just so you can get it to run. You can control the speed at which the ticks come in and setup the chart however you want.

- Tovan

That's really brilliant, thanks for the advise

tovan wrote >>

- Tovan

Hi, It there a way to stop MT4 from creating endless new chart windows for each stop and resume? sometimes, I need to draw lines in test mode, but, after resume the test, a new window open, I could not return back to where I ended, which is the initial chart window. thank you

Reason: