Backtesting Questions from a newb

I'm just getting into testing some of my first EAs. Some of them have external variables that require user input. I was wondering if there was a way to have the backtesting program randomly insert variables into the external variables to greatly reduce the deployment time on the EAs. If I have to sit there and punch it in by hand....it could take forever!

Also, I know that EAs can communicate with external dlls, but to be honest, I don't know the first thing about developing or configuring dlls, are there any good tutorials out there to get my feet wet with dlls? Thanks!

Calpurnia

Its usual to put a default value for each extern and then you can put a range of values into the columns next to the initial extern on the Input tab of Optimization Properties before a back-test run

If you check the Optimization box, the different results will show in the Optimization tab, with n rows to show the number of permutaions of values you put in to the Input values

BTW - how is Julius these days :)

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy wrote >>

Calpurnia

Its usual to put a default value for each extern and then you can put a range of values into the columns next to the initial extern on the Input tab of Optimization Properties before a back-test run

If you check the Optimization box, the different results will show in the Optimization tab, with n rows to show the number of permutaions of values you put in to the Input values

BTW - how is Julius these days :)

Good Luck

-BB-

Ha! I'm glad to see someone finally figured out the name :) Kudos!

Reason: