strategy works as intended in tester but does nothing in live testing. please, can you help me to find overlooked mistake?

everything is ok in tester, it works perfectly, but when i put it on live data it does nothing. strange.

- yes i have EA's enabled in my trader app.

- yes i've checked everything 100 times.

- yes this is only one EA which doesn't work. every other works.

can anyone help me please?

Felix_1

Have you looked in the Journal & Experts tabs for errors?

If so, what are the error numbers?

Try putting specific Slippage values

Are you sure the brokers live account supports time-lapse orders?

FWIW

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

Felix_1

Have you looked in the Journal & Experts tabs for errors?

If so, what are the error numbers?

Try putting specific Slippage values

Are you sure the brokers live account supports time-lapse orders?

FWIW

-BB-

there are no error messages in the tester journal just regular status messages.

there are not ANY messages in live/demo trading journal (except "EA loaded succesfully") - that's what stresses me. it seem that the conditions to trigger the EA's functions are not fullfilled. it is not the way that EA sends invalid or unsupported order (and gets error message from the broker).

felix_1:

there are no error messages in the tester journal just regular status messages.

there are not ANY messages in live/demo trading journal (except "EA loaded succesfully") - that's what stresses me. it seem that the conditions to trigger the EA's functions are not fullfilled. it is not the way that EA sends invalid or unsupported order (and gets error message from the broker).

so: the problem was that it was based on time with second accuracy which works in modeled environment, but never in real world since the ticks never come every milisecond nor second. they comes several times (3-8) per minute.

there is no 00:00:00 in the ticks. the first tick in the day come sometimes 00:00:11, sometimes 00:00:08 ...

felix_1 wrote >>

so: the problem was that it was based on time with second accuracy which works in modeled environment, but never in real world since the ticks never come every milisecond nor second. they comes several times (3-8) per minute.

there is no 00:00:00 in the ticks. the first tick in the day come sometimes 00:00:11, sometimes 00:00:08 ...

Felix

The same thing was happening to me last night. I think my experts were disabled because I had opened a new demo account. I looked at the chart and there was an X beside the name of the attached expert in the upper right corner. You should see a smiley face. If you don't see the smiley face you need to check Tools - Options - Expert Advisors. If you see the smiley face, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe you didn't check the Allow Live Trading checkbox on the dialog which appears when you attach the expert.

Reason: