EA not accepting volume lower than 1

Hi guys.

Would anyone out here help?

Whenever I set the volume at a number lower than one (ex: 0.1) from my EA, I get an Error saying: INVALID LOT SIZE.

I need help from anyone please.

Thank you.

Zepe

Your broker/account needs to be able to handle micro lots (0.01 - 0.09).

jmca wrote >>
Your broker/account needs to be able to handle micro lots (0.01 - 0.09).

Thank you JMCA.

Yes, he does and I think it has some to do with my platform setting. Because I get the same message with any other broker.

I checked my MarketInfor parameters: MINLOT=0.01 MAXLOT=99999 LOTSTEP=0.01

So I'm not sure what is wrong.

Thank you.

Zepe

Prez wrote >>

Thank you JMCA.

Yes, he does and I think it has some to do with my platform setting. Because I get the same message with any other broker.

I checked my MarketInfor parameters: MINLOT=0.01 MAXLOT=99999 LOTSTEP=0.01

So I'm not sure what is wrong.

Thank you.

Zepe

Hello!

Is the lot size normalized, in order to always have only 2 decimals?

:)

rubencouto wrote >>

Hello!

Is the lot size normalized, in order to always have only 2 decimals?

Hi RUBENCOUTO.

Thx for your answer. What do you mean by the lot size being normalized? The lot size is set to the standard value of 100000.

Thank you

Prez wrote >>

Hi RUBENCOUTO.

Thx for your answer. What do you mean by the lot size being normalized? The lot size is set to the standard value of 100000.

Thank you

Hello Prez,

One time I got some errors because the lot size that the EA was defining was, for example, somehing like this: 0.256 or 1.8547 or even 0.01124. Because it had more that two decimals I had to use the function NormalizeDouble, so that the EA would cut down the decimals...

Maybe your problem has nothing to do with this (I'm still learning...), but you could use the function Print to see exactly what are the lots that your EA is trying to open that generate the error...

Hope it helps.

rubencouto wrote >>

Hello Prez,

One time I got some errors because the lot size that the EA was defining was, for example, somehing like this: 0.256 or 1.8547 or even 0.01124. Because it had more that two decimals I had to use the function NormalizeDouble, so that the EA would cut down the decimals...

Maybe your problem has nothing to do with this (I'm still learning...), but you could use the function Print to see exactly what are the lots that your EA is trying to open that generate the error...

Hope it helps.

Thx Rubencouto. I will do the tests.

Reason: