OnTesterInit issues and the command line - page 2

RaptorUK:

I got this working with a few modifications . . .  some points follow:

I don't think this will work,  you have a space . . .

change it to this

I added an entry in the configuration file for the set file

ExpertParameters — name of a file containing input parameters of an Expert Advisor. This file must be in the \tester folder of the terminal installation directory.

I made some other changes,  but I don't think they will make a difference . . . try these changes one by one,  see if they help and let us know.

I took your advice an have extensivly tested this line by line. I have come to a couple of conclusions....

If an EA contains the function OnTesterPass, then an optimization may not be started from command line aurguments. The optimization may work fine starting from the metatrader platform, but it will not work starting from the command line and an associated configuration file. I can get a Test to run, but not an optimization.

That is controlled by the Optimization variable in the configuration file.

Optimization — enabling/disabling optimization and specification of its type (0 — optimization disabled, 1 — "Slow complete algorithm", 2 — "Fast genetic based algorithm", 3 — "All symbols selected in Market Watch"). 

I have posted this to the service desk. When I recieve a reply, I will forward it here. 

CappinJack:

I took your advice an have extensivly tested this line by line. I have come to a couple of conclusions....

If an EA contains the function OnTesterPass, then an optimization may not be started from command line aurguments. The optimization may work fine starting from the metatrader platform, but it will not work starting from the command line and an associated configuration file. I can get a Test to run, but not an optimization.

Optimization — enabling/disabling optimization and specification of its type (0 — optimization disabled, 1 — "Slow complete algorithm", 2 — "Fast genetic based algorithm", 3 — "All symbols selected in Market Watch"). 

I have posted this to the service desk. When I recieve a reply, I will forward it here. 

Thanks

CappinJack:

I didn't test for optimization,  I will do now . . .  give me a few minutes. 

It also seems that if the EA contains  OnTesterPass() the Optimization will not start.

angevoyageur:
Thanks
I recieved an update on my service desk request that stated that the bug was fixed. But thats it, no explaination or anything. And i am still encountering the error. Is there anyway the Admins can take a look at this?
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

CappinJack:
I recieved an update on my service desk request that stated that the bug was fixed. But thats it, no explaination or anything. And i am still encountering the error. Is there anyway the Admins can take a look at this?
Wait for next build. If not corrected then, write to ServiceDesk again.

angevoyageur:
Wait for next build. If not corrected then, write to ServiceDesk again.
It may be possible to connect to a server somewhere and get the latest unreleased build . . .  I have seen this mentioned somewhere.  Not something I would do for a Terminal installation I wanted to keep but I might for a test installation.

RaptorUK:
It may be possible to connect to a server somewhere and get the latest unreleased build . . .  I have seen this mentioned somewhere.  Not something I would do for a Terminal installation I wanted to keep but I might for a test installation.
I am not aware of this possibility.

angevoyageur:
I am not aware of this possibility.
I found what I was thinking of . . .  it was about getting an update to the latest available build if not yet supported by your Broker,  so it's probably not applicable in this case.

RaptorUK:
I found what I was thinking of . . .  it was about getting an update to the latest available build if not yet supported by your Broker,  so it's probably not applicable in this case.

I received this message from the service desk:

"The update will be available in next build of MT5 terminal.

I look forward to it. 

CappinJack:

I received this message from the service desk:

"The update will be available in next build of MT5 terminal.

I look forward to it. 

I wrote you, you do not believe me ? ;-)
Reason: