Ideas anyone?

Hi there.

Since most of U have been doing this for way longer than me I though I would as U for some advice. (From zero to here in 1month and a couple of days for me)

I've been working on an robot that simply opens a buy/sell when all of the Heikan Asih smoothed (wrong spelling) is in an buy or sell.

This alone will lead to an loss if used with an stoploss.

I made up the lost by multiplying the next trade's lot to make up for the loss. This works most of the time, but then an double loss occurs and clears out all of the profit.

If left over time it will clear out the account.

I do the lucky and and double loss does not occur, but this is very risky.

Any idea how I can recover/take out the double loss. Then this robot would be worth something.

I've though of combining several pairs to trade at once to make up the double loss before the next one hits, but this might also increase the rate of double losses. :(

Any ideas would help a lot.

Blooper.blooper@gmail.com, if U want to send me working changed to this EA.

PS. U may need to adjust the lot size. (defualt is 0.01)

The double amount of 10, take profit of 20 and stop loss of 200 usual works fine.

This all can be done from the platform as it's external links.

Thanks. :)

PPS. Don't get fooled by the last 3. They are far from the norm!

MOST OF THE TIME!

Lucky 3

Lucky 2

Lucky 1

Files:
hasjaco4.mq4  10 kb

<snip>

The double amount of 10, take profit of 20 and stop loss of 200 usual works fine.

</snip>

when I look at your code I see this...

<snip>

extern int StopLoss=3000;
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,LOT,Ask,3,Ask-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"HA Order",Magic,0,Green)
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,LOT,Bid,3,Bid+StopLoss*Point,Bid-TakeProfit*Point,"HA Order",Magic,0,Green)
</snip>

I have not tested your EA but if you set your stop loss at 3000 you are going to luck into a whole bunch of trades and then die on the odd one that fails to hit the take profit. Check each individual trade in the tester and make sure you made your TP level in the correct way, not just that it went up and down all over the place until it eventually hit your TP or SL levels.

densial:

<snip>

</snip>

when I look at your code I see this...

<snip>

I have not tested your EA but if you set your stop loss at 3000 you are going to luck into a whole bunch of trades and then die on the odd one that fails to hit the take profit. Check each individual trade in the tester and make sure you made your TP level in the correct way, not just that it went up and down all over the place until it eventually hit your TP or SL levels.

Good day.

Thanks for the info. The stop loss of 3000 was just an test, usualy I keep it @ 20,200.

Thanks again.

Reason: