Why is this forum so useless?

Because: there are no mods. There is no structure. This source of knowledge is totally neglected by Metaquotes Corp!

30 new threads per day - and everyday the same:

70% of the threads here can be answered with: "read the (f.) manual" / "use the search engine".

25% more are threads such as: "I found the million-dollar-in-two-months-algorithm" or "I will pay for the million-dollar-in-two-months-algorithm". Contributes like these provide the low level of this forum.

5% - this is the estimated amount of threads around here, that are worth an own thread.

This is not only frustrating. MetaTrader will never appear as a professional software, as long as this forum looks like this (next to all the other annoying things about MetaTrader).

For me, MetaTrader seems like a toy compared to - for example - TradeStation.

"This is not only frustrating."

all u say is agreed to.

but... have u considered:

1. greed

2. universal FREE and UNLIMITED use of MT from seemingly countless Brokers offering such

3. general education levels (computing and other... :)

4. greed

5. humankind playing out simple metric that over 99.? % of ALL forex dabblers will TOTALY FAIL... not once but repeatedly...

6. greed

7. tell me... how much does TS cost and a cost that is repeated monthly - is not this where 2., kicks in?

8. TS following would not in month of sundays tolerate many that you mention.

9. the (f.) manual, is ever so .ru = makes no sense to qualifiers of 3., unable read btwn lines... unable take faulty/incomplete manual contents and use Print() to find out...

10. mention greed so much cuz is massive motivator and cause of much misery for those that consumed by it and those that 'attempt' to offer help.

i got told off by poster cuz i have 'nothing to say' blah, blah... ok, so many want usd's - i understand that they too have frustration and is life - apparently now these days.

MT is/can be exciting IF let it be - u vip engineer - know wat is wat - u vip lucky too! - 4sure u slave to be u and know loads - that only way for any type field - but many not want work out - want spoon feed 24/7 and can bite feeders hand with seemingly little provocation...

downside is your frustration - u, in own way are victim of own knowledge which is much and this appears to getting u down when i/f to this platform.

i sorry u feel such and need vent on forum - .ru not care u know?

they 4sure got own agenda - we not part of it - we on forum DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM - must make them fall around in endless mirth at serious/wanna help fellows type of posters on this forum.

now and then, get 'pearls of wisdom' cast among swine by .ru... but infrequent - is sad. can ask techi question and silence is answer - ok... wat do? well, i go back to my Print()'s and many many hours of test code to finally make own mind up! BUT... always wonder IF possible i make missjudgement in my learnings - after all I not MT staff - but... what else can do?

maybe they not know beast they themselves have birthed????

können Sie Friedensbruderingenieur haben

schnappi:

Because: there are no mods. There is no structure. This source of knowledge is totally neglected by Metaquotes Corp!

30 new threads per day - and everyday the same:

70% of the threads here can be answered with: "read the (f.) manual" / "use the search engine".

25% more are threads such as: "I found the million-dollar-in-two-months-algorithm" or "I will pay for the million-dollar-in-two-months-algorithm". Contributes like these provide the low level of this forum.

5% - this is the estimated amount of threads around here, that are worth an own thread.

This is not only frustrating. MetaTrader will never appear as a professional software, as long as this forum looks like this (next to all the other annoying things about MetaTrader).

For me, MetaTrader seems like a toy compared to - for example - TradeStation.

if most of what you find here is not worth reading, I suggest you stop reading here. "Forum" is only one of 7 links at the top of the page, it sounds like you want the "Articles" link.

densial - valid point, Articles do give answers many times. this website is very 'deep' and loads information here. sometimes is hard to find. i use google to search site, find have better success.

i still hope that schnappi finds peace with this website - if not, there are many other MT forums or subforums on well respected financial trading sites.

fbj:

densial - valid point, Articles do give answers many times. this website is very 'deep' and loads information here. sometimes is hard to find. i use google to search site, find have better success.

i still hope that schnappi finds peace with this website - if not, there are many other MT forums or subforums on well respected financial trading sites.

I could tell you what I think about the articles, but I'll save it...

Every day 30 people wake up somewhere in the world and suddenly think, they can get rich (fastly) through trading. A few months later and a few K poorer the adventure is over and they find out, that they actually prefer fixed 2.3% which they get on their savings by their bank. All this is reflected by this website, that just sometimes annoys me, since exchanging real experience - instead of just knowledge - is quite hard to get.