Automated Trading Championship 2008: Registration Is Over! - page 2

Freefox:

I have gone to a lot of time and effort in developing this EA and I am only asking for the rules to be applied consistently and in the manner they are written down.

And you had enough time to fix all errors. An error message was sent to you. You had all chances to fix the situation. We can discuss a long time...

Rosh,

Yes, I did get a email saying there were 5 errors. Which I knew of but I interpreted that as been okay as it certainly cannot be categorize as critical under the definition used in the English language, and certainly from a peformance point of view it was a very efficient EA.

You have chosen to ignore the point about a Jury would use a common sense approach and deem that my EA most certainly would not of broken any of the rules, whereas in pre-competition, a system generated report throws out 5 error messages that is deemed critical. An error message is NOT the same as a critical bug that your rules are written to attempt to stop poor EAs being accepted.

Yes, we could discuss this for a long time but any inpartial or neutral observer would see the distinction and see the logic of what I am saying. Your own competition rules have been applied INCORRECTLY. It should say "never generate any error message" if you wanted to exclude even minor issues with EAs and NOT as it is written "never contain any critical bugs". The difference is clear and you are inadvertently excluding people who have put in a lot of effort through the incorrect application of your own rules.

Please answer my question though, that I have now asked twice - "IS THERE AN APPEAL PROCESS?"

I search on forum about #134 error (https://forum.mql4.com/search/134) and find this topic Automated Trading Championshio 2007: Common Errors in Expert Advisors.

• The maximum permissible duration of a test pass is 5 minutes (using modern Xeon, AMD X2). If an Expert Advisor needs more time for one pass, it will not be accepted due to its overconsumption of resources.

• After each pass, all logs must be checked for possible trade errors. If a trading error occurs (absolutely any!) in test, the Expert Advisor will not be allowed to participate in the Championship. Network failures that may occur during the Championship are not classified as trade errors.

• If an Expert Advisor stops by margin call (Stop Out message), the Expert Advisor will not be allowed to participate in the contest.

Common Errors in Expert Advisors

First of all, we check the results of all trades. Below is the list of the most common errors:

• OrderSend error 130 (ERR_INVALID_STOPS) - stop levels are invalid or too close to the market.
  • OrderSend error 131 (ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME) - invalid volume of the trade: the rule prescribing to have volumes within the range from 0.1 to 5.0 lots (step 0. 1) has been broken.
  • OrderSend error 134 (ERR_NOT_ENOUGH_MONEY) - the money available on the account is insufficient to complete a trade.
  • OrderSend error 148 (ERR_TRADE_TOO_MANY_ORDERS) - the amount of open and pending orders has reached the limit set by broker. This is the direct violation of the Championship terms limiting the amount of simultaneously opened orders to 3.
  • OrderXXXX error 4051 (ERR_INVALID_FUNCTION_PARAMETER_VALUE) - the function parameter has an invalid value.
  • OrderModify error 1 (ERR_NO_RESULT) - an attempt to modify order with conservative values (for example, set StopLoss for the same value as previously). This indicates a "sloppy" coding.
  • zero divide - error of zero divide caused by careless coding.

According to the Rules of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the margin call level makes 50%. It was fully unexpected to see dozens of Expert Advisors stopped because of Stop Out. Expert Advisors that have not manage to pass tests within the time period from 2007.01.01 to 2007.08.20, will not be allowed to participate in the contest.

What can we say more? If you want to know - You will search.

Thanks again Rosh,

But I see that whatever I say you will not accept that you have applied the rules incorrectly to my EA. All you do is come up with some other reason.

Originally, you say it is disqualified under III, clause 6 "never contain any critical bugs" and after me pointing out how absurd that was you say it is now excluded because of a margin call. It seems because I have argued and demonstrated my case for incorrect exclusion was invalid you now come up with another reason. Why cannot you just accept that my exclusion was just invalid and accept my entry and see if it ever got to a Jury decision what would happen. I know what the result would be.

The clause you allege it now fails under is actually under section IV. "Trading Terms" and NOT under the section III "Eligible Expert Advisor's Programs" which is concerned about the conditions that must be met for the EA to be allowed into the competition.

I think the fact that you refuse to answer my question "IS THERE AN APPEAL PROCESS?" says it all. Because I make a convincing argument for why you have incorrectly applied the rules to my EA under a particular clause, you justify the exclusion using some other clause that is not relevant to the prevalidation process.

The way you subjectively and arbitrarily pick and choose clauses to reinforce what were system generated error messages rather than taking a pragmatic and common-sense approach does the competition no credit at all. Most will see that this is rather unfortunate.

Please read the following article once again Registration is Coming to Its End:

All new Expert Advisors are subject to checks. Not all of them pass the automatic check successfully from the first time. Many EAs work with errors and developers need time to correct them. And if a program is sent on the last registration day and the automatic check detects errors in it, a developer will not have time to correct them. Thus such an EA writer loses the chance to win.

I can tell nothing more concerning this topic.

No any appeal, no exceptions.

Rosh,

I think you deliberately or otherwise miss the point.

Errors detected by some automated check in an EA does not equate to critical bugs regardless of if they are automatically detected or not. Full stop.

Your rules are not apllied correctly according to the way the are written down in English, which is a real shame. You are thus needlessly and erroneously excluding people who are not cheating and have dedicated a lot of their time to what in the end turns out to be competition where ther rules are managed poorly in pre-competition.

I have nothing more to say on the matter and I will leave others to judge for themselves how what is written down in the rules is not actually what you have to conform to.

doytfxbot:

Is my EA accepted? EA name: doytfxbot

I have disabled backtesting in the EA. Will this affect the admission of my EA for the contest?

I made a mistake of disabling backtesting. Can I still send in the EA which is backtestable?

doytfxbot:

I made a mistake of disabling backtesting. Can I still send in the EA which is backtestable?

Registration is over for everyone.

Rosh:

Registration is over for everyone.

My EA makes on average 1 - 2 trades per day. May I suggest that you allow my EA to run for 8 days and if it doesn't make at least 8 trades in total you stop my EA?

I was also disqualified for a minor OrderModify error in my coding and didn't receive a reply back from MetaQuotes (as the rule about "critical errors" wasn't 100% clear to me either). The overall strategy works well and showed a great profit during backtesting, and the bug doesn't affect overall normal operation.  However I understand and respect the position of the Championship organizers because there is really no reason for those errors to occur except for sloppy coding.  I made one logical error and didn't have time to fix it, and it reflected in my EA, and I'm disqualified.  As MetaQuotes relayed, I had more than enough time to finish coding and testing correctly, and I submitted on the last day of registration.   It's too bad for me this year, but I will try again next year. In the meantime, there is nothing stopping me from opening a mini account with a broker and trading microlots as a real-life test of the strategy. Sure, the results won't be 100% accurate for comparison to the Championship, since I'll be operating with broker data and a different hosting environment.  Rather than focus on being rejected by MetaQuotes, perhaps we should all look forward to enhancing our skills and trading strategy, trade our strategies for the year, and enter next year with more experience and a renewed vigor.  Just my two cents.....
Reason: