How can I retrieve the font name since function ObjectGetText, nor property OBJPROP_FONTNAME, do not exist?

Hi MQL4 programmers,

I am wanting to create text and label objects using the same font_name, font_size, and font_color as an existing text or label object. However, I cannot find any function which will retrieve for me the FONT_NAME! I need to create the new objects with the same font_name as the existing object's font_name.

I'm sure programmers are well aware of the complementary functions ObjectGet and ObjectSet. There is a list of object properties which I can easily retrieve for an existing object. I see that it's easy to get & set the font_color (OBJPROP_COLOR ) and font_size (OBJPROP_FONTSIZE) properties for a text or label object.

However, I cannot find any function which will retrieve for me the "Font_name" for a text or label object (e.g. "OBJPROP_FONTNAME"). Am I missing the obvious answer? How can I query an object's font_name from within a program?

Thanks,

Pips4life

pips4life wrote >>

Hi MQL4 programmers,

I am wanting to create text and label objects using the same font_name, font_size, and font_color as an existing text or label object. However, I cannot find any function which will retrieve for me the FONT_NAME! I need to create the new objects with the same font_name as the existing object's font_name.

I'm sure programmers are well aware of the complementary functions ObjectGet and ObjectSet. There is a list of object properties which I can easily retrieve for an existing object. I see that it's easy to get & set the font_color (OBJPROP_COLOR ) and font_size (OBJPROP_FONTSIZE) properties for a text or label object.

However, I cannot find any function which will retrieve for me the "Font_name" for a text or label object (e.g. "OBJPROP_FONTNAME"). Am I missing the obvious answer? How can I query an object's font_name from within a program?

Thanks,

Pips4life

Hi all,

I'm still looking for an answer... I'm looking for an "ObjectGetFont(objName)" command, or

"ObjectGet(objName, OBJPROP_FONTNAME)" or "ObjectGet(objName, OBJPROP_FONT)" or

any other command which retrieves the object's font name.

Is there some command like this? (My hypothetical MT4 commands above don't exist!)

Thanks,

Pips4life

Reason: