Strategy Tester Journal Messages

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what this message means in Strategy Tester Journal tab please?

2008.07.08 20:39:02 2008.06.30 23:57 MACD Sample GBPUSD,M15: We have no money. Free Margin = 95.4733

Thanks for helping.

Chris

It means the initial margin (i.e. deposit) in the has been reduced by trading losses to below enough to cover the lotsize of the latest order.

Yes there is some money, but not enough to pay for the order.

You dont post any details but my guess is the MACD Sample got whipsaw'ed in & out of trades & lost a lot of times?

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

It means the initial margin (i.e. deposit) in the has been reduced by trading losses to below enough to cover the lotsize of the latest order.

Yes there is some money, but not enough to pay for the order.

You dont post any details but my guess is the MACD Sample got whipsaw'ed in & out of trades & lost a lot of times?

-BB-

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes this makes sense now and the strategy test of the MACD Sample produced a poor result.

I'm just starting to learn this platform so some of these messages are somewhat cryptic to me.

Do you by any chance know why the mismatched chart errors occur and also why the modelling quality varies from one time to the next?

I'm using 'Every Tick' model simulation.

Chris

Reason: