Erratic Behavior

Why a Expert Strategy has behavior in Strategy Tester and another in practice? In my account demo, I have done testing (past date period), with a result, then to apply in the account demo, not behaves just like. Thk.

Historical data (for back testing) cannot actually contain every millisecond price variation.

So demo account will behave different from back-test

And...

Live account will behave different from demo account - even of the same broker...

As a minimum you must optimize on on the historical demo data from the broker (not Download history, which would be MT data)

Then before live trade, re-optimize on back data from the live account (3 months+).

There will still be differences, how much depends on how vulnerable your EA is to data spikes, spread changes, trade delays, etc...

FWIW

-BB-

I understand then that a good practice is since the real account, do the same Test that before I made in the account demo? Thk.

".. the real account, do the same Test .."

--

Yes essential to re-optimize on at least three months of data from the live account, either from an account that has been running for that time or take the data off the chart

--

Then...

Still be prepared for differences in running the EA on live trading...

Good Luck

-BB-

Reason: