When the timeline is set to D-1 (daily), when does the currency price indicated become permanent on the chart and not subject to being re-drawn or updated?

Hello,

When the timeline is set to D-1 (daily), when does the currency price indicated become permanent on the chart and not subject to being re-draw or updated?

Background:

Timeline set at D-1 (daily). Chart is set to line display and the momentum function is displayed. We wish to place a trade when the currency price line intersects the momentum line.

Problem:

The currency price can display crossing the momentum line, and then a few minutes later re-draw and show it never crossed the momentum line. This gave a false reading of intersecting the momentum line.

Question:

When does the currency price line of the chart become permanent? Can you provide answers for Period H4 and D1?

Thank you,

Fred

FW

> When does the currency price line of the chart become permanent?

At the Close of the bar - same applies to all chart periods.

> false reading...?

Not really, just transient conditions as price moves up & down

--

IMHO, I would not use any chart on line display - so much information is lost...?

-BB-

When does the currency price line of the chart become permanent?

For D1, After today past.

BarrowBoy wrote >>

FW

> When does the currency price line of the chart become permanent?

At the Close of the bar - same applies to all chart periods.

> false reading...?

Not really, just transient conditions as price moves up & down

--

IMHO, I would not use any chart on line display - so much information is lost...?

-BB-

Thank you for your response. What does, "At the close of the bar" mean?

Fred

FW

> What does, "At the close of the bar" mean?

Bar, aka candle, aka 'time period' - not very apparent on a line chart!

On the Day chart, 'close of the bar' means at the end of the current trading day (as it relates to your brokers timezone).

On the H4 chart it would mean when the four-hour period ends, i.e. on first tick of the new period

-BB-

Chart time 00:00 starts and ends a day.

4hr:

00:00 04:00 08:00 12:00 16:00 20:00

Reason: