Most inportant indicators for short trading

Which are the most inportant indicators for short therm trading? If I use M1, M5, M15, M30.

And which are the most important indicators at all?

IMHO

For timeframe, M5 is the likely shortest one for success as:

1) Targets in M1 trading tend to be too small for most brokers to allow

2) M1 data on a live server is very ragged and will certainly spike your EA's in & out of trades

Do not confuse what you see on MetaTrader M1 data or even a brokers demo server with what happens on a live account data feed...

As to indicators - the question is too big - some are great on some pairs but no good on others.

You'll have to have some idea of a system - which would define the pair, time-frame, etc

As I have often said, its better to start with a manual system that has been making money for you & then code it up...

Difficult to start with just a programming idea...

I have coded up over 80 systems (mostly 'programming based'), which with variations for pair & time-frame, comes to over 400 EA's.

All have been back-tested, forward-tested on demo accounts & those very few proved as successful moved to live accounts.

This has taken the use of 8 PC's (burnt out 2 of them) and many, many months.

Most of the winners (so far) were based on established & proven manual discretionary systems - this may tell you something!
The 'programming based' systems that are succeeding are based on some serious maths from my co-author - thank you G ;)

My point is, you should have a very sound trading-led idea or system FIRST, then code it

My 2c worth

-BB-

Reason: