Getting the current day history data?

I always seem unable to backtest the current day's data in the strategy tester.

On any given day, the data in the backtester only seems to go up to midnight the day before.

Clearly the data is in the terminal. Is there any way to force MT5 to update the history data to allow a backtest on the current day?

(It is really annoying to have to wait until the next day every time!)

Open the chart, right mouse click and check 'refresh'< and wait ...  It is what i am doing.

newdigital:
Open the chart, right mouse click and check 'refresh'< and wait ...  It is what i am doing.

How does that help you test part of a day in the Strategy Tester ?

I don't believe you can get the Strategy Tester to test part of a day,  even if you tell it to test until tomorrow (meaning that today is the last day of the test) it will still stop at midnight yesterday.

I don't believe you can get the Strategy Tester to test part of a day,  even if you tell it to test until tomorrow (meaning that today is the last day of the test) it will still stop at midnight yesterday.

Good point. I was only thinking about the data. I had not thought about the way that the tester might characterise a "day". Since there is no measurement more acute than a day on the selection box, I suppose it might only view days as integers as it were.

Has this error been fixed? 

just put date 3 days ahead of the current date  it will work for sure

harmandeep singh:

just put date 3 days ahead of the current date  it will work for sure

No, it won't.

Reason: