Alternative to Adding a Chart

If you trade just two pairs and you set up charts for all timeframes for each pair, then you have a full row of chart tabs below the chart. If you add any more charts, then it becomes necessary to scroll the chart tab line for back and forth viewing of the different charts. And there are times when the user wants to quickly look at a different currency pair, but without actually adding a new chart and having to go thru the process of applying an appropriate template to a new chart. So, it would be great if MT4 permitted a QUICK way to momentarily replace the currency pair shown on the chart currently displayed.

My suggestion is to provide a line above the chart to hold tabs of user selected currency pairs. Once pairs populate here with their tabs, then clicking on any tab will instantly apply that currency pair to the already open chart.

I have already suggested MT4 provide for multiple rows of chart tabs below the chart, so that one row per currency pair can exist with all timeframes. And each row can have an off/on toggle switch so that rows set up, but seldom used rows can be toggled off. In this way it would be like they did not even exist as far as cpu usage is concerned.

With a row of currency pair tabs above the chart, based upon user selectable population, any pair the user has created such a tab for, can quickly be selected to be displayed on the currently viewed chart.....back and forth between different pairs with a single click of the mouse, and WITHOUT having to go thru the process of setting up YET ANOTHER CHART, whose tab is likely to end up pushing other chart tabs off screen and require the added inconvenience of scrolling the chart tab line to momentarily view different charts!

MT4, are you listening? It would be nice to know if these suggestions are being taken to heart.

Open Market Watch

Drag the pair you want to see onto the chart.

( having said that, I agree the tabbed layout needs some improvment... shorter names, multiple rows, smaller tabs, something...)

Frederick

> MT4, are you listening?

Put your 2c worth in here

Its for suggestions as well as bugs

-BB-

Reason: