Real Time Optimization

Has anyone seen a tool or has an idea how to implement the real-time optimization of several simple parameters?

Let's say you have simple RSI strategy, if RSI > 70 then sell. Strategy should optimize for 70 (from 20 - 100) in real time.

ES

IMHO, that approach is something that should be part of any successful EA.

IME, any 'one trick pony', sorry 'Expert Adviser' will not succeed in live trading, even if it can be optimised (i.e. curve-fitted?) in back-testing to be 'profitable' - especially on MT historical data ;)

To give a pony more tricks & let it keep up with the market, my EA's use different sets of indicators, never mind different go/no go values, as market conditions change.

As BB's 'mantra to go', think Direction, Volume, Action

I think Direction is obvious :D

Volume - yes we have the literal Volumes on one broker to check but good'ole Bollinger Bands give us an idea of whether there is enough volume in the whole market for the essential follow-through

Action - Trending or Ranging - you decide, or better, your EA decides, based on ADX &/or other indicators...

PS I would only Sell off an RSI signal when it was coming back down through the threshold... Threshold will vary with pair, period & market conditions.

And... If you're using RSI only or mainly, maybe you wont be trading in strongly trending markets?

So, to summarise, use other indicators or calculations to set threshold/s for your trade entry indicator/s

My 2c worth

-BB-

Reason: