DDE Help

Hey guys, thought someone would be that smart to help me out with this.

I use

MT4|BID!EURUSD

command in Excel to get the bid price for EURUSD, but the price keeps switching between normal format (1.4660) to something like this 1009167,0000. I have no idea how to avoid this.

Something to do with filetypes? Would be very thankful for any insight.

Jan

try to just replace . with ,

Tomsz

janklimo:
Hey guys, thought someone would be that smart to help me out with this.

I use

MT4|BID!EURUSD

command in Excel to get the bid price for EURUSD, but the price keeps switching between normal format (1.4660) to something like this 1009167,0000. I have no idea how to avoid this.

Something to do with filetypes? Would be very thankful for any insight.

Jan

Okay, I see this is a problem of Regional and Language Options in Windows. As soon as you have selected an option, where you have a comma instead of a decimal point in a number (like we do in Central Europe), DDE posts this corrupt data. Any idea of how to solve this?

janklimo:
Okay, I see this is a problem of Regional and Language Options in Windows. As soon as you have selected an option, where you have a comma instead of a decimal point in a number (like we do in Central Europe), DDE posts this corrupt data. Any idea of how to solve this?
Did you solve the decimal point / comma problem yet? If so, please let me know how. Txs.

ldv:
janklimo:
Did you solve the decimal point / comma problem yet? If so, please let me know how. Txs.
I rewrote the MS Excel application into an MQL4 script to avoid any compatibility issues...

janklimo:
ldv:
janklimo:
I rewrote the MS Excel application into an MQL4 script to avoid any compatibility issues...

OK, thanks.