Pivot Points Set up on MetaTrader 4 - page 2

Attached is a "Pivots.mq4" file. When applied to a chart, it will draw thin lines for the seven pivots (R3, R2, R1, PP, S1, S2, S3). The resistances are dark red lines, the pivot point line is dark blue, and the support lines are dark green, and they are labelled in the same colors. When applying to a chart, you can change colors and line thicknesses to suit. That is what I did, only I recompiled "Pivot_AllLevels.mq4" to produce the colors mentioned, so that I would not have to manually do so each time I applied the indicator to a chart. You can change the code to produce the colors you want and recompile also.

To add this indicator to MT4, download it to your desktop. Go to My Computer?C:/Program Files/MetaTrader4/experts/indicators. With the "indicator" file window open you will see a list of custom indicators to which you will add the one on your desktop that you downloaded from here. To do this, simply put cursor on desktop icon for this download, left click on it an hold, drag the icon onto the open window for the "indicators" file. Release the left click and the icon will now reside with the other custom indicators. If MT4 happens to be open and running, then close and reopen it. Now "Pivots" will appear in the MT4 Navigator under Custom Indicators.

To apply it to a chart screen, right click on it and select "attach to chart". A window will open that will allow you to change colors and line thickness before actually applying to chart.

That is all there is to it. Hope this helps you.

Files:
pivots.mq4  6 kb

frederick wrote >>

Attached is a "Pivots.mq4" file. When applied to a chart, it will draw thin lines for the seven pivots (R3, R2, R1, PP, S1, S2, S3). The resistances are dark red lines, the pivot point line is dark blue, and the support lines are dark green, and they are labelled in the same colors. When applying to a chart, you can change colors and line thicknesses to suit. That is what I did, only I recompiled "Pivot_AllLevels.mq4" to produce the colors mentioned, so that I would not have to manually do so each time I applied the indicator to a chart. You can change the code to produce the colors you want and recompile also.

To add this indicator to MT4, download it to your desktop. Go to My Computer?C:/Program Files/MetaTrader4/experts/indicators. With the "indicator" file window open you will see a list of custom indicators to which you will add the one on your desktop that you downloaded from here. To do this, simply put cursor on desktop icon for this download, left click on it an hold, drag the icon onto the open window for the "indicators" file. Release the left click and the icon will now reside with the other custom indicators. If MT4 happens to be open and running, then close and reopen it. Now "Pivots" will appear in the MT4 Navigator under Custom Indicators.

To apply it to a chart screen, right click on it and select "attach to chart". A window will open that will allow you to change colors and line thickness before actually applying to chart.

Hi gang,

I use a really good Pivots system from FXAlgotrader. You can change the pivot line lengths, line colours, calculation basis and also set proximity alerts. They do loads of stuff on Pivots - I found basic pivots software quite limiting especially as the calculation basis is fixed. There's a lot more to pivots than meets the eye!

frederick:

hi frederick ...do you how to make this pivot point indicator for weekly pivot points instead of daily ... thanks

frederick:

Antonios to Federick:

I was looking for a "Pivot Point" indicator for Metatrader4. I saw your message and then I downloaded the "Pivots.ml4" file and copied to the indicators directory as you sugested.

I reboot the PC (close and open the application) but the "Pivots does not appear in the MT4 Navigator under the "Custom Indicators.

Any sugestions?????

Antonios 

There are allot of working pivot point indicators within the code-base. Get one of those instead.

MQL4_TONY:

Any sugestions?????

If your MT4 is installed in Program Files on Vista or Widows 7 then uninstall and install in a different directory . . . not in Program Files,  for example:  C:\MT4-Installs\ 

Hi, I need some help.

I am trying to get pivot pints on to my charts, I have installed it and it is showing in the Expert Advisors list, but it is Gray. As I can understand it I am missing an file. I have tryed to download several pivot files but they only come with one file.

am I missing something?

I am new to metatrader4

When I open one of the files it opens in Meta Editor should I do something here?

I am using Windows 7, I have Uninstalled and reinstalled in C:\MT4-Installs\

Still not working... :/

what shall I do?

Many thanks

Jill

Jill:
Hi, I need some help.

I am trying to get pivot pints on to my charts, I have installed it and it is showing in the Expert Advisors list, but it is Gray. As I can understand it I am missing an file. I have tryed to download several pivot files but they only come with one file.

am I missing something?

I am new to metatrader4

When I open one of the files it opens in Meta Editor should I do something here?

I am using Windows 7, I have Uninstalled and reinstalled in C:\MT4-Installs\

Still not working... :/

what shall I do?

Many thanks

Jill

Welcome to mql4.com forum,

Please don't hijack a thread for an unrelated question. You can create your own topic.

Reason: