Push Notification

Hi Guys

I was wonder if someone could tell me how to send one. Ive set mine up in the options menu with my android device. Did a test and that successfully came through. However when i try integrating it ino my EA, i get an error 4014...which is system not allowed. Any one have any ideas ?

Would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Syphon,

Add your code with the push notification script. This will make it easier to help you.

Also have you tried to use simple text ?

SendNotification("Send nottification test");

Wip

Hi Wip, heres my code, or a summary of it, any ideas why it isnt coming through?
//Global variable declared
bool notification;

//stochastic array declared used to get the buffer value of the signal line ---> Assume buffer and handle correctly applied in OnInit()
double stoch_signal_buffer[];
int stoch_handle;

OnInit() {

if ( notification == NULL ) 
   {
    if ( stoch_signal_buffer[0] > 80  ) {
        notification = SendNotification("Sample Text");
        }
    }

return 0;

}

Have you tried:

//Global variable declared
bool notification;

//stochastic array declared used to get the buffer value of the signal line ---> Assume buffer and handle correctly applied in OnInit()
double stoch_signal_buffer[];
int stoch_handle;

OnInit() {

if ( notification == NULL )
   {
    if ( stoch_signal_buffer[0] > 80  ) {
        SendNotification("Sample Text");
        }
    }

return 0;

}

Yeah i have tried that but it doesn't seem to work either. I'm testing it using metatrader strategy tester, i assume it doesnt make a difference whether its live or backtesting

Syphon:

Yeah i have tried that but it doesn't seem to work either. I'm testing it using metatrader strategy tester, i assume it doesnt make a difference whether its live or backtesting

Yes it does!

Send Notifications do not work with the strategy tester. Try it with a demo account this should do the trick. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Ah schucks...assumptions..Thanks dude
Reason: