Coders' Guru MQL5 lessons.

Hi folks,

I'm going to start writing my mql5 lessons like the famous ones I wrote for mql4 (You haven't heard about it? I think they're not famous enough).

But I need your help to start. I cannot make up my mind about the best style to write these lessons.

Should I start from scratch like my previous lessons? In my mql4 lessons I supposed I'm writing to new comers to programming and started from level 0.

Or should I suppose that I'm talking to professional programmers and start with advanced topics like the articles you can find here in MetaQuotes (Which I don't understand the most of them) And if I supposed I'm writing my lessons to professional programmers I will find myself asking what kind of language you are programming now or previously programmed?
I mean are you mql4 programmer who wants to upgrade his knowledge to the mql5?  Or you are programming in a different language and want to program in MQL5?

Questions like these are very critical in determinations of the style of my lessons. So, Could you help me by telling me what the best lessons style is?

Thanks,
Coders Guru
Fast Dive into MQL5
Fast Dive into MQL5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
You have decided to study MQL5 trading strategies' programming language, but you know nothing about it? We have tried to examine MQL5 and MetaTrader 5 terminal from the newcomers' point of view and have written this short introductory article. In this article, you can find a brief idea of the possibilities of the language, as well as some tips on working with MetaEditor 5 and the terminal.

Hi codersguru,

Nice to meet you here. I started mql4 with your book. It is good news that you write mql5 lesson.
In my experience, there is two difficult things to transfer from mql4 to mql5. One is the oop concept and the other 
is the different ordering system between mql4 and mql5. How about divide two parts? One for new comers from mql4 and one for experienced users in MT5.

remoton:
Hi codersguru,

Nice to meet you here. I started mql4 with your book. It is good news that you write mql5 lesson.
In my experience, there is two difficult things to transfer from mql4 to mql5. One is the oop concept and the other 
is the different ordering system between mql4 and mql5. How about divide two parts? One for new comers from mql4 and one for experienced users in MT5.

Hi remoton,

Nice to meet you here too. And thanks for your good suggestion.

codersguru:

Should I start from scratch like my previous lessons? In my mql4 lessons I supposed I'm writing to new comers to programming and started from level 0.

Hi Codersguru,

Nice to meet you again.

Many traders (incl myself) were learning your mql4 lessons. If you need my opinion so I (as a total mql5 programming newbie) prefer lessons from starting level 0 in the same way as you did your famous mql4 lessons. 

As to by articles or by topics - no idea ... You know - articles are good method to learn but I am affraid that people will not read them all :) So, I prefer the forum threads (by topics) because it isd more inter-active way of learning. 

Your link https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/447 has nothing to do with MQL4
Fast Dive into MQL5
Fast Dive into MQL5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
You have decided to study MQL5 trading strategies' programming language, but you know nothing about it? We have tried to examine MQL5 and MetaTrader 5 terminal from the newcomers' point of view and have written this short introductory article. In this article, you can find a brief idea of the possibilities of the language, as well as some tips on working with MetaEditor 5 and the terminal.

angevoyageur:

Your link https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/447 has nothing to do with MQL4

This link was made by mql5 forum software automatically (see green color of the link). So, it is not his link.

newdigital:

This link was made by mql5 forum software automatically (see green color of the link). So, it is not his link.

Ok, thanks for this information, but from the context this is not evident. Seems to me more like a bug, that a feature (automatic link).
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
Ok, thanks for this information, but from the context this is not evident. Seems to me more like a bug, that a feature (automatic link).
This is not a bug. This is mql5 software placed automatic internal links on some words. If you do not like - do not click on that :)

newdigital:
This is not a bug. This is mql5 software placed automatic internal links on some words. If you do not like - do not click on that :)
Aaaah...I do not have to click on it, phew ;-)

Oh! I'm sorry for that!

The form editor auto genrates links for common keywords.

Attached some of my mq4 lessons for who don't heard about.

Files:
CG.zip  790 kb

Would be more helpful if started from scratch.
Reason: